View Single Post
Old 31st October 2003, 11:57     #65
OdditY
Bad Hacker, No Biscuit

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Gus
Irony:

Buying a fifty dollar webcam to stop someones stealing a few bucks worth of chocolate....

But seriously, why didn't you just call a general flat "meeting" and say "someone's nicking my chocolate and it's not on."? I thought people living together could kind of, you know, be honest with each other? Like you said, he took it rather well, I don't see the need to set up a bleedin' camera on him.

However... PWNED.
Quote:
Originally posted by OdditY

Had a 'wee chat', and it took me **5 minutes** just to get him to own up and apologise... which to my mind fully justifies the use of a cam - if i'd takled to him about people stealing my stuff, I am now sure the thievery would have just stopped and there would have been no closure
Maybe i need to re-iterate this point for the Gusses out there
The guy would not have owned up without having cold hard proof shoved in his face. i now know this for a fact. So all that would have resulted from a flat meeting would have been everyone pleading ignorance and the thievery stopping... maybe. I dont know about you, but i can't live with that level of paranoia and uncertainty.

from me saying "Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell me?", it took 5 solid minutes of him being evasive and playing dumb "aaah i dont know what you mean man, help me out here", and he only owned up once i told him the cam was connected to The Internet. I haven't even shown him the footage. I have footage of him coming back in later that night and tracing the cam cable and discovering the pc under the bed, so he knew damn well what was going on :/

And it's not about the money. This guy was invading my private space. I put the candy in my wardrobe for a reason. Pantry i can kind of understand, but when he began raiding my bedroom he crossed a line. Everyone who has ever flatted or been flatting implicitly understand this.