View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2022, 15:01     #404
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
The only thing that is relevant is that Russia has invaded another sovereign country and as if that were not bad enough, has committed major war crimes in the process.

Even if Ukraine was a country full of racist fascist baby killing nazi's, it would be irrelevant because it doesn't negate the above fact.
I think it's important to also consider /why/ Russia has taken the action it has. Maybe there's more to it than just "invasion = bad, mmmkay".

Do you hold the US responsible for all its coups and regime changes that it exerts on "sovereign nations"? Do you think they are reprehensible for doing so? Do you accept they did just this in 2014 in Ukraine? At what point is Russia allowed to defend its own interests, which is what the US is doing when it goes all around the world doing this shit?

If the US [government] is asshole, and the US is responsible for this situation - which I believe they are based on their interference in 2014 - why are you taking their side? They interfere in sovereign nations - they commit war crimes. So why are you cheering them on? This isn't even Ukraine fighting anymore. This is the US at war with Russia, on Ukrainian soil, using Ukrainian troops (and their own, but as independent contractors to avoid an official war). That's the part I think you're confusing. It's not a simple situation. You've boiled it down to "omg invasion", but Russia doesn't just go to war for shits and giggles. Explain why YOU think Putin has invaded, if you can.

Why are you not promoting peace and negotiations instead of being all like "yeah, stick it to Putin! Kill the Russian civilians who had no say in this! Bring on nuclear war!"