View Single Post
Old 18th October 2009, 23:12     #171
JP

Fuck, I feel like kicking something (as you can see by my reply to the Sharples thread).

I just watched Diary of the dead. I want to fucking spew as well.

What. The. Fuck.

I could understand if this was some nub director doing it for the money with a shitty script written by a college kid and no money for decent actors. But this is George A. Romero, and it's not even like you can say he lost it, because the Dawn of the Dead remake FUCKING ROCKED, as far as i'm concerned anyhow. Land of the dead was pretty average, but I love zombies so I can deal. It kind of gave a sad preview of the psuedo-philosophy and piss poor acting of Diary of the Dead, but nothing really would have prepared me.

The mockumentary extra for Dawn of the Dead was fucking sweet, and added tons to the movie in terms of context and info. If you haven't seen it and enjoy the remake, hire out the dvd and watch it, it's great.

Why he decided a mockumentary would be a good idea for a full film I have no idea. I mean it seems like a good idea I guess, but surely he must have realised he wasn't up to doing it early in the script. It's just so bad.

I was basically annoyed the entire movie because the guy with the camera was so fucked. Not-really-but-sortof-spoiler: In one scene his friend is getting chased by a zombie and falling over and shit, and he is JUST FUCKING FILMING IT AND TALKING TO HER AND WALKING BEHIND THEM. His friend could fucking die, and he's like, yeah lets film this shit, even though he's already filmed heaps of fucking zombies.

Another spoiler, cause fuck it, I Want to spoil this movie for you so you don't ever see it. A zombie gets lose in a house they're in, two people know this while the rest of the people in the house are unaware there could be zombies around. Do they run around yelling for everyone to be careful? No, they don't even bother to slowly walk inside and let everyone know, they just dissapear until afterwards (probably banging since one dudes all over the camera guys girlfriend the whole movie, which he doesn't notice?). Then the above scene I described happens with the zombie, and the chick hits it with a shovel or some shit. And they just leave it, they don't fucking kill it. And it gets up and eats their fucking friend WHO STILL HASNT BEEN FUCKING WARNED after all that.

Ugh i'll stop there, just so fucking terrible I Can't believe it. I wouldn't have minded so much if it was from a random, but I was really looking forward to another Romero zombie flick. He needs to stop with the pseudo-philosophy though, he may have been right on when he first started, but now he sounds like a wanky falsely self rightous college student or something who is scared of the internet. Lame.

Recommendation: Any other Romero zombie flick, but please god, not this one.