Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2000, 16:56     #107
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

the reason hes so hostile is probably because hes had arguments in the past and been told to fuck up or something (maybe while stoned? :P) i find it hard to believe soemone could just have so little interest in arguing, he obviously can, he just knows where it will get him.

then again id have to say the ppl on this discuss board arent the type to tell you to fuck off pk (well most of them).....so if you wanna discuss it, it would be best here.

btw anyone else thinking this board is starting to turn into PK's Disucssion board, i mean everytime i come here now i end up in a thread with some PK drama in it...amazing how one person can get so much attention. it would be cool if in arguments people just ignored the people who weren't interested in arguing properly/giving reasons and stuck to the issues.

finally to play devils advocate for the religion vs science argument (since pk isnt)...

i am generally a non-relgious science 'believing' kind of guy, but there ARE some things that no matter how i or other people look at them that science won't be able to explain. this is mainly to do with creation.....i mean even if you agree that the big bang created the universe...who/what created the big bang. oh some other scientific explanation? then what caused that? you can go back further and further but it always comes back to WHAT caused that, you can either say 'well its impossible for current science to explain that' or you can say that some superior advanced form of life did...god?

what im saying is that science is limited to a humans capacity to understand/learn, and if you take that in the context of the universe, science cant explain everything and never will. so yea im agreeing with pk here (in that bit at least)

[This message has been edited by Sgt Seb (edited 17 July 2000).]