Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2000, 13:37     #92
chiQ
Frag-muff

If you're not here to promote a point of view why bother posting PK? I'm not saying be rosey and nice. I'm saying you're not doing your religion or your beliefs or favours by making irrational statements on its behalf. That makes for more harm than good in the long run if you project the people who share your beliefs as being arrogant enough to say that they know better and things are the way they say, and nobody else's beliefs are valid. YOu're making yourself and your school of thought look bad.

I've had theological debates, philosophical arguments and discussions of creationism vs evolution with a few people, some very staunchly religious (though not all christian) and none have really convinced me of anything. All however have presented fairly logical reasons for the beliefs they hold, even the fundamentalist Shiite muslim who held his beliefs more by the momentum of his passion than by reasoning. Even he outlined his rationale for thinking what he did. I've talked a to one fascist (not a very nice girl) who was happy to tell me why all races except her own (The Master Race) were the work of satan. She projected a better impression of her own reasons and of the integrity of her beliefs than you have yet PK.

------------------
[email protected]