View Single Post
Old 20th January 2023, 07:17     #1377
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
She's had her pluses and minuses. My impression of her is that of a great figurehead when we needed a figurehead, and a bad Prime Minister when we needed a Prime Minister. She's been more smile and wave than John Key ever was.
Knitting was stuck to I guess - he was all Commerce, she was all Comms.

During the GFC and Earthquakes, we needed some strong fiscally based leadership. During White Island, the Mosque attack and Pandemic, we needed something more empathetic.

Interesting bit in the CNN article indicating that she was going to skip the Waitangi BBQ due to security concerns. Seems there may have been a clear and present danger, which may have convinced her (in light of the recent attacks on her office) that it wasn't worth it. There's a lot of vitriol out there.

I have no strong feelings either way - as far as I could see, we travelled through uncharted waters with the pandemic, and she did the sensible bit and listened to the scientists not the economists. There were heaps of wrong ways to do it - and I don't think we were in that camp. It hasn't been easy, will take time to recover from, and perhaps that will require a different skill set to pull off - and pretty sure not from Labour.

That's just how the sausage is made.