View Single Post
Old 14th July 2022, 17:33     #1519
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Would you have come up with this idea all by yourself, or did it require hours and hours of reprogramming for you to come to this conclusion? Did you ever at one point think that female = woman, and male = man? What changed? Or have you always felt this way?
I grew up in NZ so yeah I did think that before I understood that male/female are biological categories and that man/woman are social categories that change over time and vary between cultures and also that gender identity is relevant to how we define these social categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
I'm genuinely asking, and I'm making assumptions, because it honestly makes no sense to me - not because I'm stuck in some "old paradigm", but because it's pretty obvious that female = woman and male = man, and I question the motivation - and benefits - of trying to claim otherwise. If it makes the homo community feel better, can't we just say it's OK to be a homo and wear a dress? Do we really need to add "and science proves that you're perfectly normal because look at this mutation"?
'Making assumptions' and 'it's pretty obvious' aside; I've not come across any evidence that most transgender people are attracted to the same sex. I have in this thread came across claims that some lesbians feel pressured by some transwomen to date them.