Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2000, 13:50     #94
Necro

Religion is the spawn of hypocrisy.

The reason those with faith cant provide evidence is because religion isnt based on evidence. Religion means to follow something without reason. Faith. There is and never will be intelligent reason to faith. Faith is entirly about people desire for there to be meaning to a seemingly pointless existance. They refuse to beleive they werent created by god because they fear what it would mean to have no meaning in their life. Dont try to convine those with faith to stop following there beleifs if they cause no harm to others, at least they are comfortable in their faith.

I would like to beleive in god, to think there is meaning to our lives, but somehow the whole concept of there being some petty, self important, creature who decided to made us just seems so much like the fantasy of some scared superstitious ignorant peasant.

Basicly faith just doesnt cut it for me, and that is fast becoming the common thing in this world. As scientific 'evidence' slowly expands and we can explain the seemingly miraculous with science less people are blindly following their beliefs.

PK, I suggest you consider that just stating something will convince nobody that you are right. If you get your entire reasoning from your faith, then dont expect those without faith to accept them. Science is the modern religion, it will kill/convert those who refuse to follow its system, just like christianity has done to countless other religions. Realise that those who follow the path of science see estabilshed religion as superstitious heresy.

To put it another way, faith is about trust. If you are willing to trust what others have told you, either directly or indirectly, then you have faith. Without that trust you beleive only what you can witness. Scientistic belief is based on witnessing results. Science will always win an argument over religion because arguments are based on the scientific method. There are no facts to religion.