View Single Post
Old 25th September 1999, 01:06     #15
Soleil-Raid

BOYD: A story of my own, that didn't directly involve me as such, but is pretty interesting.

One Friday night, at around 11:30pm, I got pulled up at one of those random breath testing blocks. This was fine with me, since I'd spent the night playing Roller-hockey, but I'd forgotten to carry my liscence. This I'm 17 and look even younger, I think they had a fair enough reason for asking me to stay put while they check my story. I get out of the car and hand over keys, (so I can't try to bash my way out of there).I'm standing quietly by my car, enjoying the fresh air, the cops have decided that I'm pretty harmless and one guy is keeping an eye on me. (Case in point there people, I didn't give them no shit, and I got none in return) Anyway, a car pulls up, a cop strolls over, gives the electronic thingy test, then gets the driver, a chic (not telling names, but shes on her restricted) and starts giving the cop shit. She refuses to do the bag test, The cop (a dude who looks like he'd give Mike Tyson a run for his money btw) motions over another cop, who repeats the attempt to get her to take a bag test. She finally does, after some more shouting, the results are pretty negitive by the looks of things. This chic gets really abusive and starts throwing punches at these cops (!). Natrully, she gets hand-cuffed, bundled up, and chucked into the back of a cop car. The rest get out of the car, theres another chic and three guys. The guys stand by nice and quietly, give their names and all that jazz and follow the cops nice and quietly. They get taken away in seperate cars in the direction of their respective homes, the chic starts throwing abuse. This time the cops don't piss around, they just hand-cuff her and chuck her into the back of the car with her mate which roars off into town, no doubt to the cop-shop. Around this time, the cop whose been checking my liscene comes back and asks WTF I'm doing out at 11:30pm on a restricted. I say that I was a roller-hockey and got held up (true). He asks where I live. I say just up the hill, less than two minutes away and that I'm heading home now. He takes a look in the boot, gets me to open my gear bag (Suprise! A helmet and a pair of Rollar blades) and a stick in the car (doesn't fit in the boot).
Fair enough he says, if I'm caught driving out of an area between there and home I'm fucked. Here's your keys, off you go.

I bugger off home, having done nothing more wrong than being home a little later than curfew. The guys in the other car, who I talked to on Monday, got nothing more than a lecture from their parents after the cops dropped them off and pointed out what had happened. The chics who got agro, ended in the cells for the night, apparently got a big-ass fine and community work. Oh, and a criminal record.

I've talked to some cops (off-duty) and apparently chics (esp drunk ones cause way more problems than guys). <shrugs>