Thread: Random Politics
View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:02     #5286
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
If this is a case of “millennial staffer felt unsafe” then ffs.
How do you feel about cunning political manoeuvres?

Nick Smith resignation: Judith Collins says she became aware of inquiry last year

Quote:
Smith had said he was advised on Friday that the inquiry and its details were leaked to media and were due to be released the next day.Collins said Smith had had previous conversations with her about him stepping down.

"He had spoken to me last year and said that he didn't think he was going to see out the whole of the term. He certainly was not happy being a list MP, having been 'Nick4Nelson' for 30 years and losing a seat at the election.

"He indicated to me then that he would be going at some stage, and I didn't realise that it would be on Monday."

A Politik article claimed she told Smith last Friday the story would be published this Tuesday in relation to his incident, and also claimed she warned her caucus early last month that media were about to break a scandal involving one of the party's MPs.

In response, Collins said it would not be fair to not let MPs know of any adverse stories in relation to them beforehand, but did not specify what, if anything, she had told her caucus or Smith.

"Whenever I hear of any stories that may be adverse to any of our MPs, I will always let them know. And I'll let them know because I will not allow MPs to go stumbling into a situation where they have no warning."

She said any discussions with her caucus were confidential.