Thread: Random Politics
View Single Post
Old 21st April 2016, 15:11     #3712
CCS
Stunt Pants

Scenic Group founders consider legal action

Quote:
Scenic Hotel Group founders Earl and Lani Hagaman are considering legal action over Labour leader Andrew Little's claims about the timing of a donation from Mr Hagaman to the National Party a month before the hotel group was awarded a contract in Niue.

"I can assure the public that for us the only thing that will 'stink to the high heavens' will be smell of roses which blossom from the fertiliser Andrew Little likes to spread around to gain his own notoriety."

Mrs Hagaman said it was a "political beat-up" by Mr Little.

"We are not interested in being Mr Little's political football. These nasty and unfounded allegations need to stop and I would urge Andrew Little to stop wasting tax payer money on trying to promote his own political party and ego."

Mrs Hagaman said in the past the couple had voted for Labour.

"One of the privileges of being a New Zealander is the ability to have freedom of choice and vote or donate to any political party one chooses. In the past both Earl and I have voted Labour but that was when the party had strong morals and direction and did not practice bully tactics on innocent people."