View Single Post
Old 24th March 2015, 16:15     #14869
mpx

:P

I have a Z3, just got it back from repair after some magical hairline crack appeared on the back of it. It lives in my pocket, on the bed or on the desk - both myself and Spark dude concluded possible heat could cause it, there is actually a massive spreadsheet documenting all the surprise hairline fractures on the front and back over at XDA because of how prominent it is. Sony of course said warranty voided, Spark fought back on my behalf and got it repaired for free.

Other problems with it at the time were:
  • When i would text or try unlock the phone it would sometimes register the complete opposite of what I wanted (it would just register a random selection on the screen)
  • Spots on the underside of the camera glass housing, they tried to say water damage, it's been nowhere near any water and the water indicators showed no contact with water.
  • Magenta tint in various places on the photos in the camera.

Sony tried to fight tooth and nail on all of these issues. It was only because Spark believed me and basically fought for me that they budged.

I got it back after just over two weeks of Sony humming and harring with it, and now it's like brand new. It is an amazing phone but it's let down substantially by the fragile glass (Sony's own version of tempered glass apparently) and the absolutely abysmal support.

Battery life is intense, camera is utterly shocking, UI is actually really nice, screen is beautiful. If Sony weren't such dicks about support and the camera issues it would definitely be the best phone on the market, but as it stands I think that goes to the Note 4, iPhone 6S or M8 right now.