View Single Post
Old 19th September 2014, 16:40     #1701
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Te Tai Tokerau is the Internana's only chance of getting into Parliament. I would love for Kelvin Davis to take that seat.

Edit update reality check from righty blogger Barnsley Bill:

Quote:
Harawira will win Te Tai Tokerau. And it will not be close, in fact he will increase his majority by a few thousand votes.

I would love for this not to be true.

If he loses then Internet Mana will not be in parliament and the thought of Rosa Klebb having to go away and lick her wounds is an exciting prospect.
But they will not lose.

A poll by Maori TV last night claims Kelvin is within 1 point. This poll is a nonsense.

Everything I know about the electorate in the North tells me this. Young Maori in Whangerai and further north just do not have landlines. They cannot be polled. My experience of dealing with around 150 mainly Maori families over the last year demonstrates clearly that as well as not having land lines most of them cannot seem to keep the same mobile number for more than three months. Polling these people would be like trying to herd cats.
The money that has been spread around to get out the vote and the sheer number of people working the campaign for him with signage, t shirts, placards and painted cars is amazing. The local facebook pages are riddled with his supporters. Kelvin is sadly the right man at the wrong time. He started late, is unsupported and underfunded.

I say sadly because if he did win it would deny one of the head office nobodies at the top of the Labour list another turn at the trough.

Maori were 46000 of the 151000 counted in the census before last up here. A strong, competent, honest and trustworthy member of parliament representing them is vital for everybody in the north. They are not going to get that with Hone.

Ngapuhi will never stop squabbling amongst themselves long enough to collect their settlement money while the Harawira family hold sway.