Thread: Random Politics
View Single Post
Old 19th April 2014, 19:11     #2506
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
This for TLDR:
The harder left base are tone deaf to the electoral realities of New Zealand politics believing that they will win the day if the great unwashed knew what was good for them and if the policies of the left were articulated better. Without a major change of direction, Labour’s prescription is a recipe for long term electoral oblivion!
Hmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Quote:
As Colin James said in March this year, when he’s at his best, David Cunliffe is better than John Key.
This plays in to the first part I put in bold. This guy really thinks that Cunliffe is better than Key (but only on a good day, mind) and that the rest of the country just need to realise that. Well, Key keeps thrashing Cunliffe on the preferred PM polls. Whatever Colin James and this other fella see in Cunliffe that makes him so great, the rest of the electorate doesn't see it. The left need to pull their heads out of their arses and realise that Cunliffe is deeply unpopular and they need to work on that. Whining "but Cunliffe is beetttteeerrrr!" is not a viable strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Quote:
I am not yet convinced that the media team there are coherent, for example.
This goes to the second part, that policies just need to be better communicated. No, it's nothing to do with the media team communicating the policies more coherently. The policies are fucking stupid. The anti-truck/pro-caravan policy is moronic. No amount of spin will make it a good policy. Drop it and come up with something good.