Thread: MS Surface
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2012, 08:01     #111
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervy
Why do apple zealots feel like they have to attack everything that is in competition with apple? If their products are so self evidently superior why the need to constantly bother everyone telling them this?
Personally I'm completely vendor agnostic. I am however willing to state which current product I believe is best and I enjoy poking fun at some of the sad attempts at competition from manufacturers who have strayed from the path of success. To some naive / stupid / misguided people I may come across as being an Apple supporter. In fact I'm simply pointing out that Apple does produce the hands-down best products in most spaces in which it competes.

For me "best" includes the concept of "works out of the box"; this concept of best is not shared by some here and especially not those who need devices to not work in order for someone to want to employ them. There will thus always be some natural tension since the basis of measurement differs. The surface looks like a perfect example of this - it can be seen to not actually work in the demonstration and this is exactly what is triggering euphoria - the gravy train of end-user support is set to continue.

Last edited by Golden Teapot : 21st June 2012 at 08:03.