Thread: That 70's Show
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2011, 01:29     #34
Trigga*happY

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
'the reality' is that most of the people the unions represent NEED the collective weight behind them that a union provides.the idea of some deadhead McD's cashier "civily negotiating" is lovely on the surface.. but c'mon- you live on earth too right?
So your large scale operations get union protection while your small outfits are left out in the cold.
Quote:
"plenty of people out there have the 'skills' and want the job"- no-one would disagree that this is pretty much true,so no bargaining power for you kid.
most of these sorts of industries are fine, nay, booming.plenty of money to spread a little more around.so why on earth not?
That role is taken by the government, they control minimum wage.
Quote:
"hold the country to ransom" nice emotive language there chum.
What else do you call it when your rubbish is piling up with no collection, AND no where to take it.
What else do you call it when key infrasture builds are put on hold 'until resolution'
What do you call it when public transport to and from city centres is held?
Emotive? Not particularly, just apt... Goods or services held pending delivery of money. Sounds exactly right to me!
Quote:
if you dont value the service enough to pay for it....dont use it.
And you call me emotive? I'm not asking anyone to do it for free, but at the same time, i'm not going to pay my garbage man the same salary as my surgeon.