View Single Post
Old 25th April 2011, 22:10     #151
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
They have concluded that you are in fact a crackpot and their primary motivation is to gain entertainment from making fun of you. I find it hard to understand why you would bother to continue engaging them in arguments or discussion at all in such circumstances. As I understand it the forum has an ignore function, and I'm sure there are other members here who you can have more constructive discussions with.
I don't intend to speak for anyone else but I suspect you're wrong in respect of CCS and GT as well as myself. Whilst I do mock Lightspeed in my responses to him, I do nonetheless make a point of presenting arguments against him. Some of my arguments may be more convincing than others but I at least try.

What I find really objectionable about Lightspeed is his narcissism and arrogance. He appears to have scant regard for simple respect for others by endeavouring to engage with others and their critical faculties by offering up reasons which can be properly grasped and critiqued by others when he's making bold and often times sensationalised claims. When called up on it, all he offers are arrogant, self-centred replies or further insults to others' intelligence. My refusal to give him any kind of faux-respect in light of his obvious propensity is no more than calling a spade a spade.