View Single Post
Old 25th April 2011, 18:52     #136
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
However, I do want to point out that caring about the vulnerable by way of giving to charitable causes in no way precludes one from subscribing to a political view which is decidedly counter to the interests of poor and/or vulnerable people.
That's actually not the crux of what we're discussing right now.

Quote:
Furthermore, if Lightspeed originally intended to discuss GT's politics
He didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis
No he didn't. I think your view of what constitutes adequate proof is dysfunctional.

Lightspeed stated an opinion, your opinion differs, but there is insufficient proof to prove either opinion as fact, even if there is such a thing when discussing such subjective material.
How can those two statements co-exist but not be contradictory? They can't. You've told me first off that my view is dysfunctional but then you've turned around and said it's just a difference of opinion of subjective material. So which is it? Or are you seriously trying to tell me that my opinion is dysfunctional because you happen to not agree with me?

Quote:
Oh and Nothing - You're not missing anything, CCS just doesn't understand how to construct a proper argument. Well said.
Completely wrong. Unlike you and your dopey mates, I don't constantly revise my arguments to suit myself. To do so would be intellectually dishonest (a theme emerges!). You've already revised your position in the space of one post and ended up contradicting yourself. No doubt you'll come up with a loophole to justify your hypocrisy, a special little exception that you've just come up with just now.