View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:28     #20050
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
WTF? If there is something on your car that doesn't meet the legal requirements then why wouldn't you want to have it rectified? If your car isn't squeaky clean then get the bloody thing fixed!

I love breaking the law as much as the next guy, but I have always kept my vehicles legal - it just doesn't make sense not to.
Ahhhh not quite.

Perfect example.

My Jeep ... its built in 1973, to 1973 safety regulations.
No seatbelts, no auto aligning breaks, no brake booster, no clutch booster, no power sterring.
By all accounts ... its a driving NIGHTMARE .. with a side order of "FUCK YOU"

However ... these are design intents, and stock to the vehicle.
By all accounts I would instantly fail a warrant at Vehicle Gestapo Testing, because simply my brakes don't stop straight ... which given the method used to adjust these and the type of brakes (drum), its virtually impossible.
If it was I would have already done it, however its neither financially viable or beneficial in the long run.

With myself behind the wheel, and knowledge of how the car shifts and moves during normal driving ... its perfectly fine and safe.

Its not a case of "not wanting to be legal" its a case of those guys get to be right pricks doing it ... and VT does it worse than any other place when it comes to passing a warrant.

The fact one guy didnt mark it down to be certed is more an anomoly than it is a regularity.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Last edited by ^BITES^ : 22nd February 2010 at 15:30.