View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:30     #20042
p01s0n

ya'll need a Eds Autos imo. Ed owns.

Tonys used to be who I went to for tires, specifically the one on Lambton Quay cause there was a guy there that liked rotors and had a RX7 like mine (therefore I could trust him to look after it). Anyway, that guy moved on to another job and since then its been pretty crap to the point where I don't even consider using them.

last week I was in a situation where the ease of access to tonys made it the best option. I had two wheels with worn street tires on them, and two semi slicks to go on those wheels. I dropped them off and they said they could do the tire swap for me. I figured just asking for two (provided) tires to be swapped onto two (provided) rims would be a pretty safe bet. welp.

I got a call about an hour later saying the semi slicks have a ruined bead and wont seal properly, so it cant be completed. Fair enough, they are old tires. I said I'd pick them up at the end of the day.

I went in at 4.30 to collect, and they had one semi slick mounted on one wheel (but unable to be inflated) and they had the other rim with no tire on it. Well, that's great. Then when I asked if they could chuck the street tire back on the empty rim, the guy ummed and aahed about it until I said I need it with a tire so I can move my MR2 around.

fair enough that I didn't pay them for any of it, but if you can't complete a job at least return it all to how it was before you started.