View Single Post
Old 27th October 2009, 16:07     #201
cryocore

I made a list of Recommended Zombie movies for a blog so I thought I'd repost for the betterment of Zombie Edification

The Holy Trinity of Zombie Films
Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead

Return of the Living Dead (the 80s ZomCom (Zombie Comedy) classic)

Dance of the Dead (recent excellent addition to the ZomCom genre)

Dallamorte Dellamore aka Cemetery Man (90s cult classic. bizarre and brilliant)

Shaun of the Dead (everyone should know this one by now)

[REC] (truly scary straight for scares Zombie flick. MUCH MUCH better than the still enjoyable remake Quarantine)

Braindead (Peter Jackson best film imho, and unofficially the goriest film of all time. ZomCom perfection)

Dead Snow (Nazi Zombies + Snow boarders = bloody good fun)

Night of the Creeps (another 80s classic released finally on DVD this month)

Doghouse ( a town filled with man hating female zombies. Over the top fun)

Automaton Transfusion (excellent low budget gem aka Zombie Transfusion in the UK)

Undead (fun Aussie flick.)

Planet Terror (grindhouse homage from Robert Rodriguez. over the top splat stick gore filled excellence, and Rose McGowan with a machine gun leg)

Zombie Flesh Eaters (what #9 Craig incorrectly called Zombie. Its also known as Zombi 2 to cash in on the recent Romero films. A Lucio Fulchi classic)

Deadgirl (brilliant!! disturbing, and not easily forgotten indy gem)

Fido (Billy Connolly as a pet zombie in an alternative 1950s US)

Re-Animator (HP Lovecraft based 80s cult classic. Seriously ghoulish fun.)

Dead Set (UK TV series... exceptionally well written and extremely nasty at times. Brilliant. Funny. Tense, and Terrifying. Sensational!)

Dead and Buried (exceptional semi-zombie film. Beware the DVD in NZ is of poor quality better to import)

Slither (fun recent alien infection/zombie film. The fantastic Nathan Fillion just oozes charm in this)

Mulberry Street (indy film from 2005. Rat bite zombie plague)

I Sell the Dead (Pippin and Hellboy (Dominic Monaghan and Ron Perlman) lead historic ZomCom. Delightfully english)