View Single Post
Old 18th March 2009, 23:20     #85
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
I very deliberately didn't cover that. If you're intersted, any introductory text on insurance will cover why that type of benefit can't be offered.
When you are well, you contribute funds to your insurer (ACC). When you get injured, you stop work, and don't contribute. Further, you draw from the insurers funds (weekly compensation, doctors bills.) If you don't get better, you don't return to work, and continue to draw from your insurer. If ACC provide physiotherapy, people with sprain-strain injuries, or those that have reduced function following operations, are healed faster (and can return to work earlier, where evidence has proven they will return to full function faster).

If they remove free physio, people that can't afford it will stay injured, drawing weekly compensation for much longer.

My job involves interaction with ACC, but in a vastly-removed-from-finances direction. I would appreciate further clarification from you. (and this is sincere, I'm not trying to pick a fight and would appreciate it if you could explain your point of view without vitriol.)