View Single Post
Old 5th November 2008, 14:52     #23
doppelgänger of someone

Northcote

The Green candidate came knock on my door and talked about the Green party and... nothing else. They probably use the electorate candidate to gain exposure.

The Labour candidate organized a meeting on our street and I didn't go because I got better things to do (like playing Fallout 3, wait did I say that out loud?). I have no idea if he talked about local issues but I heard the turnout is ok. That guy only cares because the election is coming, not because he is involved in the community. It is a trend that the party just airlift some nobody from nowhere and expect me to vote for him/her.

The incumbent National MP sent a letter saying pretty much zero about his achievement as a local MP. Either he conveniently forget to boast his record, or he is not as competent local MP as he thinks he is.

As far as I can see, local MP should understand local issues and represent our electorate in parliament. So far no one actually presented reason for me to vote for him/her for THAT particular purpose.