View Single Post
Old 19th October 2008, 18:02     #4439
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
If they don't have the usual shit like license plates, headlight, brake light, indicators etc, then I would think their bike is not legal on the road.
correct. iirc, and according to fair go i think it was, even little powered scateboards need license plates. fair go went through the whole numberplating a skateboard thing.

similar for forklifts - they must be plated, not to mention a driver's cert & endorsed drivers license to go in public accessible places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Does anybody know whether it's legal to ride dirt bikes on the road? Some assholes in the neighbourhood have dirt bikes and ride them up and down the street, mostly without helmets. Dirt bikes are loud. This weekend it sounds like they've been going around and around in circles and the harassing noise is driving me nuts. I'm thinking of calling the local cop shop tomorrow, but apart from the no helmet wearing, I don't know if what they're doing is illegal.
ring your local and ask to speak with communications. they might ask why, just tell them.

Last edited by MadMax : 19th October 2008 at 18:05.