View Single Post
Old 6th October 2008, 01:30     #3790
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Speaking of not winning lots of money...

The bitter millionaire contestantWell, bitch, you ARE a bad sport. The ministerial BMWs have been in the news more than once. It's a game of general knowledge and, lady, your general knowledge just isn't good enough. Deal.

Another contestant:That Oxford debate was related to something which I consider to be pretty huge in the history of this country. I don't expect anybody to know the speech line by line, but Lange's quip is the part of that debate that always gets shown. When Lange died a few years back, you couldn't watch the news and not see that excerpt... unless you're the kind who is shy of the news. Again, yr gnrl knwldg sux. Plz die.
While I agree with you regarding the David Lange quote, in general, the questions on the NZ version are harder than on the classic UK (which is what we're all accustomed to watching thanks to Primes re-runs. Seems a lot of folks didn't even know they'd ditched that first quick-fire question ages back...). The OZ and UK usually give the contestants a cake-walk to $1000, before they start asking anything that's actually hard.

Maybe our local question-masters are just useless at coming up with 'easy' questions.