Thread: election 2008
View Single Post
Old 10th September 2008, 17:45     #108
Haydos

@ Adonis

Mostly it's that they don't specify what level of detail they want people to be able to view, which worries me. Knowing the way data structures at Ministry level work, I don't see them being able to keep data unidentifiable.

My idea regarding climate control change is that we, as a small country, do not have to be world leaders. Hell, look at our closest ally in the world - Australia. They haven't even signed up to be part of Kyoto and they're in a much better position resource wise to do so.

Yes, we should be concerned for our environment, but not at the absolute detriment of living for the average New Zealand.

They're worried about the impact of large businesses causing energy prices to soar meaning individuals struggle for transportation and heating issues, that's a fair concern..

Why then, are they not looking at ways to increase public transportation usage? Why are they not looking at food prices which are also sky rocketing and looking at ways through subsidising local markets to decrease the price of fresh NZ food - while increasing prices on processed alternates coming in from overseas.

To me, they've got their heads in the wrong places.

Recycling, well rather than invest the money in making people recycle when we know it's energy inefficent, why not invest the money in researching possible alternates that don't negatively impact businesses or our economy?

Last edited by Haydos : 10th September 2008 at 17:46.