NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Console Forum (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - XBL and PSN (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=77424)

BadNova 31st May 2007 15:05

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - XBL and PSN

Quote:

You may have read about the upcoming, remastered version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo that will be coming out on both the XBox Live Arcade and the PS3’s online service. Since the initial announcement, we have learned a few more details and I’ve been able to piece together my thoughts on the developments.

First of all, Gamekult posted a “confidential” slide from the Capcom press conference that actually showed off the new Ryu sprite and how it compared to the original sprite in addition to the previous standard of high-resolution fighters, Guilty Gear X.

I took the liberty of cleaning up that slide and adding some fresh comparisons so that it is easier to see the difference. I’ve even added the Ryu sprite from Street Fighter 3 — the largest Ryu sprite until this generation.ryu-sprites.jpg

When I laid my eyes on this new sprite, I really had to do a double take to make sure that I was reading it correctly. But indeed, the new character sprites for SSF2T HD are so big and detailed, they don’t look like sprites at all. It looks like one of my remake dreams that I thought would never come true is actually becoming a reality.

As good as this single sprite looks, the true test will be seeing it in action. The number of frames in the character animation can make a huge difference. If they could exceed the animation in Street Fighter 3, I suppose that would be excellent.

It is also worth mentioning that the new sprites and artwork featured in this high definition remake is by UDON, the masterminds behind Capcom’s beautiful Street Fighter and Darkstalkers comic books.

When an iconic game like Street Fighter 2 receives such an overhaul, there is bound to be some gamers that are concerned. I thought this was addressed well by this comment made by Velops on the ******* post…

“There is also a risk that fans will not like the changes made to the animations. Hardcore fans have honed their skills based upon the the exact number frames for each attack animation. This includes hitbox sizes, reaction, and recovery times. If the change is noticeable, it could completely change the tiers for competitive online play.”

At the same time, I don’t think people should get too worried. Those dedicated to the original version will still have it to enjoy for their tournaments. Plus, there is nothing wrong with learning something new. A true fighting master should be able to learn different battle systems and adapt accordingly.

To ease the worry about how authentic this remake will feel, David Sirlin has confirmed that he is working on this project. He has worked on ports of Street Fighter 2 before and is an expert at the game himself.

Needless to say, I’m more that glad to see this true high-definition remake process turn into a continuing trend. Obviously, it would not be practical for every game, but it would be great to see some of the truly great games get a high-def makover while keeping the original feel intact. (High-res Sonic Trilogy, anyone?)

In case you missed it, we have an ongoing conversation about the Street Fighter remake going on in the forums. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2007/...g-sprites.html

]- Volatile -[ 31st May 2007 16:15

Cool but why release it only on XLA thats gay not everyone uses there box on the net.

TB 31st May 2007 16:34

Becuase its probably like 10megs, and putting it on a DVD or BD would kinda be pointless.

FireStorm 31st May 2007 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ]- Volatile -[
Cool but why release it only on XLA thats gay not everyone uses there box on the net.

All arcade games are released on Xbox live... That's just the way it goes.

Evilmonkey 1st June 2007 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ]- Volatile -[

To piss off people with a modded Xbox? :P. Seriously you want the game you FIND a way to connect.

cEvin 1st June 2007 17:27

it's rare these days that graphics get me excited, especially early dev stuff, but SWEET JESUS that is cool.

[Malks] Pixie 1st June 2007 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilmonkey
Seriously you want the game you FIND a way to connect.

Tell that too my xbox which has just decided to stop connecting to Live - for no reason... as far as I can tell nothings changed - just refuses too connect...

Grrr... (sorry just wanted to vent about it!)

Pixie

TB 1st June 2007 19:00

*Coff*Modded*Coff*

Phantom 1st June 2007 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Tell that too my xbox which has just decided to stop connecting to Live - for no reason... as far as I can tell nothings changed - just refuses too connect...

Grrr... (sorry just wanted to vent about it!)

Pixie

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB
*Coff*Modded*Coff*

TB is on the money - MS just banned modded boxes from being able to connect to live.

[Malks] Pixie 2nd June 2007 22:37

Well our Xbox is definitely not modded in anyway at all...

If that is the reason then I'll be spitting tacks.

Pixie

[Malks] Pixie 6th June 2007 19:56

Quote:

Well our Xbox is definitely not modded in anyway at all...

Well I finally called Xbox live support and discovered that Telstraclears cable apparently no longer supports Xbox live without a router - which really pisses me off because they could have advised us that it was changing...

If anybody is interested that is...

Pixie

Torka 7th June 2007 03:42

Quote:

Well I finally called Xbox live support and discovered that Telstraclears cable apparently no longer supports Xbox live without a router - which really pisses me off because they could have advised us that it was changing...

Pixie

What does "without a router" mean, in the context?

[Malks] Pixie 7th June 2007 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torka
What does "without a router" mean, in the context?

Well we were plugging straight from our cable modem into our Xbox - and I've now been told that we need a router as a direct connection from our cable modem to the xbox will no longer work on a Telstra cable connection. Thats my understanding of it anyway - I guess I'll have to call Telstra at some point to talk about it but seeing as I've never actually gotten through to a human at telstra I don't hold out too much hope...

Pixie

Farmer Joe 7th June 2007 11:12

shit... that's almost reason enough for me to get an xbox360.

Ezekiel 25:17 7th June 2007 19:25

I played SFII on the XB360 ... geez it's had it's speed boosted for the ADD generation!

graphics ... meh. I'm fine with the old school. I have almost the entire SF series on my xbox apart from EX1. Alpha2/3 ftw.

Genesis 7th June 2007 22:21

Quote:

Pixie

Completely retarded how they've dished out these bannings'. Another 'GG Microsoft' scenario.

Stilgar 8th June 2007 03:01

Ummm, I'll believe it when I see it running? Even with large sprites the animation could end up being lously. Tha would kill the game.

[Malks] Pixie 8th June 2007 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genesis
Completely retarded how they've dished out these bannings'. Another 'GG Microsoft' scenario.

Ummm what do you mean bannings - as I said above it was a change (apparently) to how the Telstra cable works that I now need a router. Nothing to do with Xbox live or M$ as far as I can tell. Thankfully Scummy has offered me the use of a router so I'll see if that fixes it for us.

Pixie

cEvin 8th June 2007 09:26

he means the live bans from microsoft, i don't know why he quoted you though.

BadNova 8th June 2007 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stilgar
Ummm, I'll believe it when I see it running? Even with large sprites the animation could end up being lously. Tha would kill the game.

I believe they've said they have to leave the animation as it was, so as to not change the game balance or pacing at all.

BadNova 8th June 2007 10:46

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/dig...7/p315#more315

BadNova 18th June 2007 15:50

BadNova 18th June 2007 15:51

]- Volatile -[ 18th June 2007 18:52

Fuck yea Guiles the man!

]- Volatile -[ 18th June 2007 19:08

BadNova 24th October 2007 21:36

Sgt Seb 24th October 2007 22:57

Looks pretty sweet.

SF4 trailer looks wicked also!

cEvin 25th October 2007 09:51

is there anything in motion of just screenshots?

Phantom 25th October 2007 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Seb
SF4 trailer looks wicked also!

D:

WHAT

WHERE

NOW

D:

BadNova 25th October 2007 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom
D:

WHAT

WHERE

NOW

D:

oh yeah, your paris-bound ass missed that announcement

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MZP3WYiOncI

Phantom 25th October 2007 10:13

spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooge :D!!!!!!!!

BadNova 25th October 2007 10:30

get on msn noob :D

IoriDyson 25th October 2007 12:32

this is gonna look sweet on my ps3 with hdmi :) woop woop! hope they don't use the ssf2 guile voice.. hahahaha

]- Volatile -[ 25th October 2007 13:00

Looks great way better than the choppy low res clip of them play that stage on Youtube (SF2 not SF4 im talkin about)

Stilgar 3rd November 2007 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNova
oh yeah, your paris-bound ass missed that announcement

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MZP3WYiOncI

whut? :|

if it's 3D i'll slit my wrists... (after I play it)

BadNova 13th March 2008 11:15

dead goon 13th March 2008 12:07

that is SEXY

DO WANT

BadNova 13th March 2008 15:45

http://www.gamespot.com/video/939066...ix-interview-1

bit of direct feed in game footage there

Dusty 14th March 2008 09:53

Get your Gamespot linkage out of here...

Dazza 14th March 2008 09:58

Strangely I was more excited only seeing the pics, after I saw the video, I'm not really anymore. Give me 3rd strike over this anyday.