NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Pic of the day 2.0 (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=80224)

MadMax 6th October 2008 18:54

google images show plenty of moon lens flares, but i can't find any that are anything but white. i also can't find any moonlight diffraction images, apart from shepherds delight and moondog type stuff.

Ritalin 6th October 2008 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilLumpy
Yeah I'd call BS too

bottom right corner... not a single bit of movement from those reeds or whatever they are.

Plus, a lens flare at night?

Yeah, I've had lens flare at night, it's common off a full moon:

But yeah, I still think that's a daytime photo shot with a fast shutter speed, as there's no movement in the trees, bushes, or reeds, and the wave fronts are frozen.

lektronimo 6th October 2008 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax
from the tags, in order of appearance:
eos 20d, has been through photoshop cs3, f/7.1, 12mm, 58sec, iso 3200, manual exposure, taken 18/09/2005 9:57pm

looks fake to me: what looks like lens flare in the bottom right - can the moon produce the full rainbow? ditto for the colours in the scene - can you get that much range of colour from a moonlit scene? i dont see the noise from such a high iso setting

Hmmm, considering it would be pitch black at the time of the shot (September 2005 @ 10pm), and small aperture for only 58 sec (even though the ISO is pretty high) it would still be too dim to have it come out that bright. Only way I see possible is if the moon was *seriously* bright and then you've played with levels afterwards, or this is some multiple exposure composite and your EXIF is from the last frame. Tell us cunt! :)

P.S. Some hardcore should look if the moon was full on 18/9/2005 @ 10pm

Nightcrawler 6th October 2008 19:19

Quote:

Hey
The sea was blurred. I think what happened was that the foam was all in one area and formed a distinguished line. I was also quite a distance away too.

I thought this might fit into the 'look like a photoshop' category too. Taken about an hour later after the last photo. Single photo with no multi-exposure merge etc. and it shows what I meant by the foams forming a line along the beach

BloodDonor 6th October 2008 19:28

and

Lightspeed 6th October 2008 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightcrawler

I dunno... the waves where the moon reflects on the water seem too well defined for a 50s time lapse.

CCS 6th October 2008 19:31

HOLY CHRIST, BITCH! GET THAT FOOT OFF THE FUCKING CAR! :mad: :mad:

Nightcrawler 6th October 2008 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
See that big bright orb? Yeah, that's the moon. The picture was taken at night with a 30 second exposure

Quote:

tripod and a remote shutter release goes a long way to ensure the blur free image.

Nah I didn't do anything besides what you can already do in the camera eg. turning up the brightness, correct white balance and rotated the image slightly (it was dark and I couldn't compose the image with a flat horizon).
I believe him (said earlier due to chatting with him in the past), so I am very impressed :D

Maniak 6th October 2008 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCS
HOLY CHRIST, BITCH! GET THAT FOOT OFF THE FUCKING CAR! :mad: :mad:

For once I agree with CCS!!!!

p01s0n 6th October 2008 20:57

pfft, F50 is the weak bitch of the lineup. Id skitz the fuck out if it was a F40 though.

oohhh f40-san~

CCS 6th October 2008 20:58

C'mon, even with an F50 you wouldn't wanna tolerate FOOTPRINTS on it!!

p01s0n 6th October 2008 21:01

Reminds me of my uncle boasting about his 355 GTS. He was asked to loan it for a calendar shoot, and he got it back and was most upset about the "babe marks" (his words) left on the paint from whatever oil the model was slathered in.

A Corpse 6th October 2008 21:27

CCS 6th October 2008 21:46

That would've been funny a year or two ago :P

lektronimo 6th October 2008 21:49

"Today is the 54th anniversary of the first man getting to the top of Mt. Everest. Now, if only we could get one on top of Condoleezza Rice." --David Letterman

A Corpse 6th October 2008 21:54

CCS 6th October 2008 22:03

Methinks the person who drew that last one is speaking from personal experience :p

A Corpse 6th October 2008 22:15

I think it's from a "Draw the stupidest thing you've ever done in MSPaint" thread.

CCS 6th October 2008 22:19

Must be some 16 yr old living in his parents house. If I did that in my flat, I'd have to walk out of my room, dick waving about, "Yeah that's right. Right in her fucking mouth. BOOYAH!"

catsrnice 7th October 2008 03:08

Mainecoon cats-Big pussys

cEvin 7th October 2008 09:17

my friend has a mainecoon, it's got a cool personality :D

Helious 7th October 2008 09:18

your moms a coon

BloodDonor 7th October 2008 11:31

fuck theyre big...

my old cat when i was young, was big, though not like that... and when he sat on your lap, he took up alot of space, and nearly crushed your legs

also used to kill seagulls and possums :D

mpx 7th October 2008 12:15

My workmate has a Mainecoon, the stories are hilarious and from seeing them their personality is more akin to a dogs than a regular cats. My workmate's one even hides things all around the house etc.. I would love one to be honest!

CCS 7th October 2008 12:17

Those are Ewoks.

Reformed_Quint 7th October 2008 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodDonor
also used to kill seagulls and possums :D

Had a cat that killed wood pigeons and water-rats (the big bastards)

Was intense O_o.

chiQ 7th October 2008 13:18

They're cool cats. From what I've read about them they're a fairly tough breed, but are also really nice cuddly pets, which is a great combination. I'm allergic to them :(

Rocket 7th October 2008 14:51

another awesome article from the boston

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...es_to_nyc.html

Haydos 7th October 2008 15:00

Coons from Maine? Who woulda thunk.

doppelgänger of someone 7th October 2008 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Corpse

If you see it rotating clockwise, you use your left brain more.

Stalk3r 7th October 2008 17:03

if you stare at it long enough to analyze the direction of rotation and assess what side of the brain this utilizes the likeliness is yer a homo

Baal 7th October 2008 17:49

I can't remember if I posted this or not before. If you don't get what it's about you need to play some katamari.

Rocket 7th October 2008 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket
another awesome article from the boston

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...es_to_nyc.html

Village on stilts in Tongkil, Samales Islands, Philippines. The southern Philippines, and in particular the Sulu Archipelago that includes the Samales Islands, is home to the Badjaos. The Badjaos belong to a Muslim minority who make up 5 percent of the Philippine population and are concentrated mostly in the south of the country. Known as "sea gypsies", they fish and harvest shellfish and pearl oysters, and they live in villages on stilts. A channel carved out of the coral reef allows them to reach the open sea. [map] (© Yann Arthus-Bertrand) #

chiQ 7th October 2008 20:14

My little...things:

http://spippo.deviantart.com/gallery/

catsrnice 8th October 2008 02:03

Phantom 8th October 2008 10:05

http://www.oddee.com/item_96476.aspx

Quote:

Girls and Corpses? "Well, if you're like me --explains the author, writer Robert Steven "Corpsy" Rhine-- you like two things: beautiful girls and rotting corpses. So, I thought, why not bring these two great tastes together in one magazine?"

Probably the world's most bizarre magazine in history, Girls and Corpses is sort of like Maxim Magazine meets Dawn Of The Dead. There are pictures in each issue of beautiful, scantily clad young beauties posing with hideous, decaying, festering corpses. As they would put it, "so many corpses... so little time".

A Corpse 8th October 2008 11:31

Surely that's a pisstake. And I've never posed with those two ladies in my life...

Acido 8th October 2008 11:35

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

StN 8th October 2008 11:38

Pfft - has nothing on the Aussie ringburner one.

well, maybe the nurses.

Acido 8th October 2008 11:44

they sell unfiltered ciggarettes there lmao