NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What oils your gears? (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=81312)

eff tee 3rd November 2008 17:25

Cantering up the beach this morning in the sunshine with a dear friend, and nothing but the sound of our horses hooves on the sand. In 1 hour we only saw 3 whitebaiters and lots of birds and a pristine view of Kapiti Island. It was fucking mint :)

Cheers Sid, you = nice husband :)

SpaceCowboy 3rd November 2008 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey
some covered up grafitti

what more would you expect if it happens every week or so?

mr selfdestruct 3rd November 2008 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodDonor
sounds like my previous landlord... we had 1 tap replaced in 4.5 years... then he wants to up the rent from 300week to 380 week... most likely because i told him the fridge was old, and the fridge's freezer would super froze things, and the milk would often freeze in the fridge, and the oven made a HUGE VIBRATING NOISE WHEN IT WAS ON

Wrong thread.

Ritalin 3rd November 2008 18:20

Apricot yoghurt. :D
It's my favourite.

Ashley 3rd November 2008 18:50

Costco.

6 Eye Fillet, superb quality cut for $23. Oh fuck yes.

Mickey 3rd November 2008 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
what more would you expect if it happens every week or so?

Where did I say it happens every week? The graffiti on that fence happened last Christmas. The council covered it up with dark green paint (on a light green fence) the next day. Its been like that for almost a year. We don't get a lot of graffiti where I live. He is a lazy arse landlord.

xor 3rd November 2008 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by eff tee
Cantering up the beach this morning in the sunshine with a dear friend, and nothing but the sound of our horses hooves on the sand. In 1 hour we only saw 3 whitebaiters and lots of birds and a pristine view of Kapiti Island. It was fucking mint :)

Cheers Sid, you = nice husband :)

Seriously, I'd be more interested in reading about helious dropping a massive log than to read your blog

edit: re chiq too

Helious 3rd November 2008 23:21

oi, be nice grumpy !

eff tee 3rd November 2008 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by xor
Seriously, I'd be more interested in reading about helious dropping a massive log than to read your blog

Awwww, stuck working for a living today were you? How boring. :rolleyes:

caffiend 3rd November 2008 23:26

Yeah, piss off xor. Wrong thread broseph.

WOMG? Just going out and taking photos for no real reason.

flic 4th November 2008 00:17

Listening to Tony Hadley tell stories of his days of hanging out with Freddie Mercury and then listening to him belt out Somebody to Love.

Oh and Paul Young singing all his hits from No Parlez

And zooming back to life as a 4th former when Rikki Morris turned up on stage to sing Nobody Else

I'm an 80's girl at heart and always will be

Ab 4th November 2008 01:21

Tonight's barbecue dinner. I was standing there in front of the grill and MHG came out and asked very politely if he could help. So he held the plate of meat and stuff for me and I transferred it piece by piece to the hotplate. I looked down and saw myself a lifetime ago doing the same for my Dad.

mpx 4th November 2008 01:27

Riding up to the better half's house and opening the door to her cleaning to Jethro Tull, topless.

A keeper.

....also key to her house, ftw!

Whiplash 4th November 2008 10:29

The $7 pots of chilli/garlic sauce that Love A Duck (Auckland) sell. Mmmm _b

p01s0n 4th November 2008 11:06

After 20 years of being a fussy eater, suddenly being able to try new foods without immediately gagging.

Similarly, I used to never be able to eat steak (seriously, just couldn't do it, I would immediately start gagging) I seem to have worked out exactly how to cook it the way I like it - and now working out why everyone faps over this fantastic slice of meat - so tasty!

Reformed_Quint 4th November 2008 11:11

I havn't read a thread started by haydos in months.
I havn't seen a post by haydos in months.

So happy >_<

[Malks] Pixie 4th November 2008 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by p01s0n
After 20 years of being a fussy eater, suddenly being able to try new foods without immediately gagging.

Yeah I can understand that one - I've always had issues with egg's and it's only recently that I've managed to get over my issues with them being cooked in certain ways (don't mind them in things just generally didn't like them on their own). Now I have worked out how to do an omlette that I like - new favorite dish.

Expanding ones palate is definatly a good thing!

Pixie

mr selfdestruct 4th November 2008 11:20

Wasabi Mayo - OMG! It's the new Aioli!

Whiplash 4th November 2008 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Wasabi Mayo - OMG! It's the new Aioli!

I grabbed some of this too - it's not bad eh.

The Avocado/Aoli is betterer ;)

catsrnice 4th November 2008 13:34

having a monster fry up breakfast

Cyberbob 4th November 2008 13:37

Discovering that I don't actually mind Tuna. Five years ago I hated the stuff but only recently decided to try it again.

Salmon is still a no go though.

Whiplash 4th November 2008 13:38

^ I suspect you've just had crap old salmon. I was in the same boat - I had salmon sushi once and it was so gross it put me off for at least 10 years. Then, under duress, I tried some fresh salmon and was instantly converted.

chiQ 4th November 2008 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by xor

Huh? This thread is for posting feel-good crap, so I did. If you prefer Helious's bum-branches to my post go and read his secret arse diary and stay out of this thread.

darkness 4th November 2008 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiplash
Then, under duress, I tried some fresh salmon and was instantly converted.

a fresh pan fried salmon steak is one of my most fave meals.

p01s0n 4th November 2008 13:48

'snickers cheesecake'.

Gentl e 4th November 2008 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Discovering that I don't actually mind Tuna. Five years ago I hated the stuff but only recently decided to try it again.

Salmon is still a no go though.

Tuna steaks seared(sp?) for 3mins on each side then left to rest for about 5mins, slice into thin steaks and serve on salad _b

Fresh Salmon steaks are hard to cook right, should take 10mins in total or until the ends are 1/3 cooked from the surface - cook it for a bit longer than you would other fish as it tends to kill the richness of it (otherwise it tastes like a block of butter).

chiQ 4th November 2008 13:51

BaM's great at cooking salmon. We had some the other night, and it was bang on right. Salmon, rocket, avocado, and mashed potato with caramelised shallots OMG _b

moocow 4th November 2008 14:17

hot bitches that put out

Hurtuso 4th November 2008 14:20

good service i.e. people actually doing what they are paid to do and being proud of their competence. After many frustrations have been given great service by a tech support person who made it seem like normal behaviour, yay :)

Juju 4th November 2008 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiplash
^ I suspect you've just had crap old salmon. I was in the same boat - I had salmon sushi once and it was so gross it put me off for at least 10 years. Then, under duress, I tried some fresh salmon and was instantly converted.

Yea I used to hate any fish for years and years, then tried some kingfisher that I had caught whilst up north for new years - beautiful! Now I eat any fresh fish.
Although still no go on shellfish - the texture puts me off more than the taste (plus the amount of food poisoning linked to shellfish).

Rince 4th November 2008 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentl e
Tuna steaks seared(sp?) for 3mins on each side then left to rest for about 5mins, slice into thin steaks and serve on salad _b

you are cooking your tuna for about 6x too long - 30s each side should be all you need.

MadMax 4th November 2008 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurtuso
good service i.e. people actually doing what they are paid to do and being proud of their competence. After many frustrations have been given great service by a tech support person who made it seem like normal behaviour, yay :)

what company?

Reformed_Quint 4th November 2008 14:33

Never tried kingfisher before

Tasty?

I have eaten kingfish however.

StN 4th November 2008 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juju
Yea I used to hate any fish for years and years, then tried some kingfisher that I had caught whilst up north for new years - beautiful! Now I eat any fresh fish.

vs ?

/edit Doh!

Redneck 4th November 2008 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juju
Although still no go on shellfish - the texture puts me off more than the taste (plus the amount of food poisoning linked to shellfish).

Tried scallops? Its the shellfish for people who hate shellfish :)

Reformed_Quint 4th November 2008 14:35

WOMG,
Beating STN to the punch.

darkness 4th November 2008 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiQ
BaM's great at cooking salmon. We had some the other night, and it was bang on right. Salmon, rocket, avocado, and mashed potato with caramelised shallots OMG _b

i drop the avo for grilled tomatoes, and a little bit of pesto/balsamic vinegar sauce. Not a lot, just enough for a little drizzle over the top of the salmon steak.

leadinjector 4th November 2008 15:01

oils my gears- went to the warehouse today and found some perfect training shorts, black with a green stripe, that match my shirt. and signed up a guy for 2 lunchtime sessions a week, perfect client.

Reformed_Quint 4th November 2008 15:58

WOMG is that lead turned out gay, Cracks me up.

Matching shoes, lolz.

Ritalin 4th November 2008 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
WOMG is that lead turned out gay.

Why does that oil your gears?
You cruising for a piece of ass??