NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Tribes/Tribes 2 (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Tribes Ascend (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=86314)

mpx 7th February 2012 09:34

Tribes Ascend

Has anyone been playing this beta?

I got it yesterday and I have to say I am completely underwhelmed and disappointed. It feels like a shell of what Tribes should be, nothing feels fluid. Nothing really feels like a team game. Disappointed :(

Chaos 8th February 2012 22:05

Been playing it pretty hard. You've pretty much nailed it on the head, it's Tribes Lite.

That being said its great to use a jet pack and a spinfusor again :D, I have had a few great games lately.

Cowboy 23rd February 2012 14:31

I tried it in the early part of the closed beta and it really didn't seem that good. Just felt odd.

Having said that I gave it another shot at A6 last weekend and I must say it's much better after several patches. I think they've worked out a lot of the kinks.

It has also come out of closed beta and into open so if anyone didn't have a key and wanted to give it a try. Now would be the time.

Jodi 23rd February 2012 15:20

So, T:A or T:V?

Discuss!

Cyberbob 12th April 2012 17:13

So, it's officially out of beta status, and at version 1.0 now.

Who else is playing?

Jodi 13th April 2012 10:52

Hmm, I should try it again, been too busy playing firefall.

Fx. 13th April 2012 13:11

ooo fulls out

cant update tho, damn you rededit for ruining the login servers!

Fx. 13th April 2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kouken (Post 513698)
free solly spinfusor unlock from http://massively.joystiq.com/ guys, jst scroll down to the article, already bought one myself but def the most important weapon to unlock

unlocked/upgraded everything i want in game now, time to save up 100k for the PTH light assault rifle

(stolen from nzf).

editedit: yay gogo update to full ver :>

Cyberbob 13th April 2012 15:46

That's awesome!

Any more giveaways like that?

Jodi 14th April 2012 06:45

Bah they are out of keys.

But that's ok. I used their facebook giveaway to buy the spinfusor instead. So no loss to me.

But fuck, is it annoying to play tribes without a spinfusor. I would have stopped playing if I didn't get it via a giveaway.

Cyberbob 15th April 2012 10:39

One light and one heavy class already have them by default.. You just have to unlock it for medium

Saladin 15th April 2012 16:10

Where do you enter the code to unlock it?

Username: NZSaladin

n3><Ro 15th April 2012 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saladin
Where do you enter the code to unlock it?

Username: NZSaladin

Under extras in the game menu, redeem code from memory.
username n3XRo

Cyberbob 20th April 2012 14:40

Username: Rick0r

Grimble 5th May 2012 05:01

Oh Hai! Nick is Grimble if any old o-bots or Malks are playing in Europe.. :)

See that, first post in years right there.

Madman 6th May 2012 21:22

Who else can I add to friends D:

cEvin 19th May 2012 11:04

"plsdolan"

cEvin 19th May 2012 14:55

referral link if anyone doesn't have it yet: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tri...campaign=email

cEvin 22nd May 2012 17:11

why is solly spinfuser so important? all competitive matches I've seen sollys are using the default 2 weapons

p01s0n 22nd May 2012 22:04

sniper rifle is so fucked, takes like 3 shots to kill someone.

fucking bullshit.

Madman 22nd May 2012 22:04

FYI, I am Madmanismatt

cEvin 22nd May 2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by p01s0n
sniper rifle is so fucked, takes like 3 shots to kill someone

i actually like this. it's way less OP compared to other games. snipers best asset is maybe his mines..

p01s0n 22nd May 2012 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cEvin
i actually like this. it's way less OP compared to other games. snipers best asset is maybe his mines..

it's a pain in the ass with the way some of these dumb cunts stand right next to the flag, you're jussssst about to line up the 3rd shot and they realize someone's been shooting at them from across the map.

p01s0n 23rd May 2012 00:22

Quote:

snipers best asset is maybe his mines..

ok yeah, this is hugely satisfying

Furry Crew 24th May 2012 11:33

If anything Snipers are OP tbh.

A single sniper can lock down a flag easy if they are good.

Been playing this since closed beta. Enjoying it immensely.

p01s0n 24th May 2012 12:01

my flag defence game so tight they call it minecraft

Sirens Song 30th May 2012 10:44

Why aren't more people playing this?
It's insanely fun!

cEvin 6th June 2012 14:03

after playing pathfinder for a while it's tough to switch to anything slower..

Rince 30th June 2012 12:42

just downloaded this overnight - where's everyone playing? or is it easy to find people in-game?

Madman 30th June 2012 14:24

Quote:

after playing pathfinder for a while it's tough to switch to anything slower..

Yeah this. It's like trying to play other games after getting into vq/qw back in the day with bunnyhopping, rocket jumping and grappling hooks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rince
just downloaded this overnight - where's everyone playing? or is it easy to find people in-game?

They have an in-game friends system and you can join games that your friends are in etc. but that's about it. Most people just pick the game type they want to play and end up on a random server that runs the same rotation.

_indigo1 2nd July 2012 17:38

There is an in-game server browser that you can filter, plus custom servers can use maps not allowed in the pubs - i.e Stonehenge remake :D

The automatic pub assignment works fine though, great for just jumping on for a bash.

cEvin 25th July 2012 10:08

New update today, looks gg
http://www.egmnow.com/tribesascend/t...sion-1-0-1055/

fractal nerfed :D

catharsis 25th July 2012 10:25

Reduced damage on Infiltrator’s Jackal so it can no longer 1 shot an upgraded medium from stealth. This is a 16% reduction.

Yessssss

bladez 5th August 2012 17:56

Seen a few old school players :D

Good to see so many old School players online in one of my fav games.

Heresy 20th August 2012 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimble
Oh Hai! Nick is Grimble if any old o-bots or Malks are playing in Europe.. :)

See that, first post in years right there.

I'm playing from London and don't know anyone, so I'll add you.

Enjoying this, racked up 8ish hours over the weekend. I'm liking my latency to my server (15ms) and I'm finding I enjoy different classes depending which map I'm playing. Jugg on Drydock, Pathfinder on Crossfire, Solder on Arx Novena. Haven't spent much time playing other classes yet but I've unlocked a couple.

Some games are great fun, and some are annoying. A fair portion of each team needs to have clue what they're doing and want to play as a team rather than just on their own. If one team plays like a team and the other doesn't, it gets frustrating quickly.

I'll try on the Sentinel plus mines later on.

Grimble 27th August 2012 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heresy
I'm playing from London and don't know anyone, so I'll add you.

Awesome - I'll keep an eye out for you.
Quote:

Some games are great fun, and some are annoying. A fair portion of each team needs to have clue what they're doing and want to play as a team rather than just on their own. If one team plays like a team and the other doesn't, it gets frustrating quickly.
Yeah I've been playing clan games more often lately, the public games are a bit of a crapshoot. I'd recommend checking out the pug scene in EU, most nights there's one or two pug's running and they're pretty noob friendly. http://playapug.com has all the details. http://gameshrine.org is pretty much the entire EU comp scene, though I think esl are going to try to get something going soon.

cEvin 1st September 2012 17:44

pretty much playing sent defence 100% now.
fav loadout is phase+falcon+gren+rage+ultra cap.

mines good for scrims but get frustrating on pubs, having to constantly re-lay them.

anyone looking to play organsied games in NZ/AU? sign up on http://bittah.com

Heresy 19th September 2012 00:59

Quote:

pretty much playing sent defence 100% now.

Tried this last night, great fun. Picking off cappers is sweet, up there with taking cappers out with the Doombringer's homing missile as they try to escape. LOVE that.

Heresy 23rd October 2012 21:56

I'm still really enjoying this, playing every couple of days for 30 mins or an hour, only rank 13. My preferred loadout is PTH w/ twinfusor , either (attempting) capping or duelling with incoming enemies or disrupting enemy base defence. A bit of DMB to mix it up occasionally on the right maps.

Heresy 29th January 2013 05:24

anyone out there still playing?

rank 17 now :cool:

over the last week I've started using the bolt launcher instead of various spinfusors. It's been a fkng revelation. SUCH a fun weapon to use, I just DM it up around the base owning cnuts / chasing.