NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Politics (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   USA Presidential Election 2020 Hype Train (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=87937)

smudge 24th September 2020 17:11

Can't see anyway of this being resolved that doesn't include an all out fascist coup, or trump being dragged out of the white house by the military at this point.

Ab 24th September 2020 19:33

Or, Trump just wins. Because the dems are fuxking useless.

Cyberbob 24th September 2020 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed (Post 2013112)
Seems pretty clear at this point Trump has no expectation he'll be stepping down from power after the election.

And why would he? He's so far been very successful stepping over the law.

Yea but what's the implication of that then? Does he want people to fight for him if he loses?

Lightspeed 25th September 2020 00:42

Or maybe he expects people won't fight him, at least not the ones who could make a difference.

smudge 25th September 2020 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab (Post 2013115)
Or, Trump just wins. Because the dems are fuxking useless.

Trump and the GOP has gone so far with the voter suppression tactics any win for them won't be legitimate, it's the fascist takeover path.

Nich 27th September 2020 15:47

It's either voter suppression, or voter shaming ("you ain't black", "you're racist", "They skinfolk but they aren't kinfolk"). Absentee ballots for Trump got discarded, Mail voting called into question, US Postal Union supports Biden. and the list goes on and on. it's about as clusterfucky as clusterfucks can be.

I don't see how any candidate can get a clean win. People appear to be guided by whichever candidate presents the lower existential threat.

Nich 30th September 2020 14:52

What a shit show.

pxpx 30th September 2020 18:00

Trump knows the debate is a waste of time and no amount of fact checking will hurt him, he basically can say anything at this point and it wont matter, all he needs to do is starve biden of airtime.

moderator did a semi-ok job of giving biden some clear air, but yeah, shit-show.

smudge 30th September 2020 21:54

Think they really need to start turning the opposite mics off. Trump will turn anything into shitshow otherwise.

blynk 30th September 2020 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudge (Post 2013156)
Think they really need to start turning the opposite mics off. Trump will turn anything into shitshow otherwise.

But that doesn't cause the drama, but do agree.
Make it an actual fucking debate.

DrTiTus 1st October 2020 01:44

Funniest Biden quote for me was: "Of the 20, 200 million, 200 thousand people that have died on his watch - how many of those have survived?"

Ab 1st October 2020 09:57

It's weird, I just have no interest in watching the "debate". It would not add anything to my understanding of anything and would not be entertaining. I don't even want to read a summary.

Cyberbob 1st October 2020 10:57

This South Park episode rings true every four years in the USA, almost like clockwork.

Once again, America has to decide between a Giant Douche, and a Turd Sandwich.

crocos 1st October 2020 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab (Post 2013160)
It's weird, I just have no interest in watching the "debate". It would not add anything to my understanding of anything and would not be entertaining. I don't even want to read a summary.

x2

Lightspeed 2nd October 2020 00:51

True, although also true for our leaders debate. No interest in the tribal displays.

The smaller party debates seems much more fruitful, or maybe a dream dangled just out of reach.

Ab 2nd October 2020 21:13

Check out the maori electorate debates on The Hui.

Lightspeed 9th October 2020 14:44

Lightspeed 14th October 2020 13:56

crocos 19th October 2020 16:22

Inside the Lincoln Project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s95VhNZmigw

DrTiTus 19th October 2020 21:38

Hunter Biden's hard drives though

Four more years!

Ab 20th October 2020 00:27

You mean Nobel Prize winner Hunter Biden?

DrTiTus 20th October 2020 08:43

I was more thinking of the Hunter Biden as mentioned here, but I suppose they may be the same person.

fixed_truth 20th October 2020 12:21

Quote:

"It's just too perfect. A laptop is dropped off to a blind computer repairman in the name of Hunter Biden — in the middle of a presidential election — that happens to be filled with extensive documents along with videos of sex and drug use, and it ends up in the hands of the president's lawyer, who publicly admits to working closely with a Ukrainian official that the Trump administration itself has sanctioned as a Russian intelligence asset attempting to interfere in the presidential campaign,"
Sounds legit

pxpx 20th October 2020 14:56

Emails!

Lightspeed 20th October 2020 15:19

What have the president's kids been up to lately? lolz

StN 20th October 2020 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTiTus (Post 2013353)
Hunter Biden's hard drives though

Four more years!

Hmmm.

Ab 20th October 2020 18:26

and it all happens in the basement of a pizza restaurant

Ab 22nd October 2020 11:21

Because it's 2020, the October Surprise is that Borat checks in to demonstrate that Trump's inner circle are vulnerable to blackmail by Russian agents.

Cyberbob 22nd October 2020 11:31

Turns out it was Giuliani himself that was most compromised by Borat's new film.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...new-borat-film

Nich 22nd October 2020 22:58

I dunno about you guys, but I'm really looking forward to a post-Trump world.

Also, it doesn't have to be the way it is. It could be like the governor race for Utah, for instance.

Spencer Cox & Chris Peterson united to promote civility
https://youtu.be/UaXPQWpkiIo

DrTiTus 23rd October 2020 12:26

POTUS plans to bring Hunter Biden associate Tony Bobulinski as a guest to tonight's debate

LOL

Nich 23rd October 2020 14:52

Yeah, may need to wait 4 more years for that post-Trump world. "the big guy" is going to have to go out for a lot more ice cream to move this story under the bridge.

Cyberbob 23rd October 2020 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTiTus (Post 2013380)
POTUS plans to bring Hunter Biden associate Tony Bobulinski as a guest to tonight's debate

LOL

Isn't that, you know, desperate? The former business partner of your opponent’s son.

Lightspeed 23rd October 2020 15:18

Definitely desperate. It won't convince anyone who isn't already convinced.

The Edge 23rd October 2020 23:20

And how did that work out for him (Trump)? I heard it was a bit of a non-event.

Cyberbob 24th October 2020 09:11

I refuse to believe anyone's on the fence here.
It's so tribal that these sorts of displays are not going to sway anyone.

The only inkling of swaying I've seen in this election are from Trump supporters who can't believe that the thing they were totally OK with happening to other people, is starting to happen to them. But despite all of that, they remain fiercely loyal.

Example 1
Example 2

The Edge 24th October 2020 13:26

I understood that unlike 2016, this time around there are very few undecided voters, as a lot of people have already made up their mind and voted early.

MadMax 30th October 2020 18:35

Calling it now. Biden too old.

pxpx 31st October 2020 10:31

Trump 74
Biden 77

They're both too old m8.

smudge 31st October 2020 23:22

At this point it seems like those with a grip on reality, versus those lost to fox news/Q-annon insanity. A "small victory" by Biden will result in a clusterfuck of Trump fighting every state's result to the supreme court.

What I'm hoping for is for Texas, or Georgia, to finally flip back to democrat, that would likely be the end of the current form of the GOP. I can see it fracturing into moderate and looney parties. The progressives versus the centrist democrats/moderate republicans eventually become the new left and right. The entire political spectrum of the US would shift left/reality-based to be more inline with the rest of the world. One can hope.