NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Politics (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What's your electorate vote preference? (Sept 2014 edition) (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=87436)

Ab 30th June 2014 01:06

What's your electorate vote preference? (Sept 2014 edition)

I love boobs

Party vote poll here.

Spoon1 30th June 2014 02:48

Vote wording is fucked Ab - copy pasta'd from other poll...

(edit Ab - fixed chur :) )

Spink 30th June 2014 07:54

what electorate is ellerslie in and who usually wins I'm too lazy to check I'm only living here for another 2-6months

CCS 30th June 2014 08:13

I'm in East Coast Bays so... I'll vote for McCully - if he runs

Not a snowball's hope in hell that I'll vote for Conservative, no matter what deal Colin Craig manages to strike with National.

spigalau 30th June 2014 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spink
what electorate is ellerslie in and who usually wins I'm too lazy to check I'm only living here for another 2-6months

That would be Maungakiekie, local MP is Sam Lotu Iiga (National). Carol Beaumont is the Labour candidate and currently a list MP.

crocos 30th June 2014 18:54

*sigh* can we get a "no confidence" option?

CCS 30th June 2014 18:58

Just tick 'other', that's what lolspeed looks to have done.

He's probably voting ALCP.

Ab 30th June 2014 19:01

Yeah, I'm limited to 10 poll options. "Other" has to encompass abstention.

Lightspeed 30th June 2014 19:10

I'm assuming Wayne Young (Independent) will be running again.

Rince 30th June 2014 20:14

Fucked if I'm voting for the incumbent if he's restanding (Dunne), but he might not be. My Google Fu be weak

Delphinus 30th June 2014 20:15

If I don't want to vote national I get the choice of: Clare Curran, Shane Gallagher and I'm not sure who else.

CCS 30th June 2014 20:52

^^^ Vote Nat or go home.

pxpx 1st July 2014 08:30

north shore master race

Maggie Barry (North Shore) cruised in last time, and at current poll numbers, the labour candidate Claire Szabo isn't even going to make it in on the list.

Spink 1st July 2014 09:50

I guess my current guy was the chairman of the welfare reform stuff and as someone on the sickness benefit I thought it was all fine so aces to him.

crocos 2nd July 2014 12:29

In my electorate, I've got Annette King, Russell Norman, or Chris Findlayson... and it doesn't matter who I vote for as Annette will win this seat, by quite a margin.

xor 2nd July 2014 15:45

I'm in the Mangere electorate so I guess it doesn't really matter who I vote for, labour will win it.

Golden Teapot 4th July 2014 08:21

I'm in John Key's electorate; I've never actually been to Helensville though. We're a victim of the boundary changes but this makes sense on a map since we're amongst the folk too poor to live inside the urban boundary - while we associate with East Coast Bays we're not part of the elite set that lives there.

The distribution of responses here really does show what a weird cross-section of NZ is here; no wonder some conversations go astray - beyond the basics of health and family there are very few aspirations shared by the centre and the super-far left.

I honestly don't understand the motivations of those who vote further left than labour. Perhaps there's a richness of opportunity here that's simply totally lost on me.

Painty 20th July 2014 22:36

As part of the elite ECB set aforementioned above, I can guarantee that if Nats do a deal with Colin Craig in any way shape or form, I will give my votes to someone else, and I know of several other Nat voters with a similar annoyed mindset. No fucking way am I voting for the fuckwit christian party.

madmaxii 20th July 2014 22:37

I'm with you Painty

The Edge 21st July 2014 00:23

If this poll here is anything to go by, Kim Dotcom may as well go home.

crocos 21st July 2014 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Edge
If this poll here is anything to go by, Kim Dotcom may as well go home.

Let's hope.

Spoon1 15th September 2014 02:15

Gonna vote Grant Robertson for the fact that he's on the left and actually came up to our street for a public chat. No one else did that I'm aware of.

moocow 18th September 2014 02:07

Even though i don't live in NZ, in part because Helen fucked it' back in the days, and not that Key's cool.. but i'll be glad to see National win.. just so all the bums and beno's can suck gooch for another 4 years. who's tax bitch.