NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Politics (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What's your electorate-vote preference? (Nov 2011 edition) (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=86047)

Ab 31st October 2011 00:28

What's your electorate-vote preference? (Nov 2011 edition)

Tits are great.

crocos 31st October 2011 00:38

Norks! Jubblies!

Nich 31st October 2011 00:51

tits are so soft and squishy!

CCS 31st October 2011 00:54

Why isn't tits there as a voting option? WTF?

Rince 31st October 2011 09:59

my electorate is crap - Dunne gets in without lifting a finger, and the others are useless..... :(

Prolly vote Nat, as I think Shanks will be next highest polling candidate, and thus has the only real chance of knocking Dunne out.... sure as hell not voting for Charlie Chavuel

Saladin 31st October 2011 10:12

Hutt South, no way I'm voting for the duck and none else even has a show, so joke candidate if there is one.

Which is also why I'll never vote for an electoral system resembling FPP.

Furry Crew 31st October 2011 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rince
my electorate is crap - Dunne gets in without lifting a finger, and the others are useless..... :(

Prolly vote Nat, as I think Shanks will be next highest polling candidate, and thus has the only real chance of knocking Dunne out.... sure as hell not voting for Charlie Chavuel

I'm probably doing the same....Time to vote out Dunne if it can be helped at all.

pxpx 31st October 2011 12:15

This thread started off with so much promise.

cEvin 31st October 2011 12:24

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida..._by_electorate

Note some MPs haven't decided where they will run yet (Winston).

Still undecided on my vote (Wellington City). I know almost nothing about the candidates other than Grant Robertson, who only won the seat last election by under 2,000 votes.

plaz0r 31st October 2011 13:35

A swing and a miss for the Greens.

Thought I'd check out the webpages for the Wellington Central candidates and see what they had to say

http://jamesshaw.net.nz/2011/07/jame...central-video/

"This video is private."

Not a good look with the campaigns all kicking off.

xor 31st October 2011 14:12

Well considering the last local MP for Mangere is just about to get out of jail, i don't think i'll be voting labour.

crocos 1st November 2011 17:23

I'm in what is possibly the most irritating electorate ever.

The National (Christopher Finlayson), Labour (Annette King) and Green (Russell Norman) MPs will ALL get in, because they're all list MPs - #9, #2 and #2 respectively.

You could not pay me enough to vote NZ First - and that's even with Winston gone.

I also have no desire to vote for the Māori party as I find race-based politics rehensible, even though they DO have some good ideas.

Meaning any candidate vote in my electorate is pointless.

CCS 1st November 2011 17:28

Just vote for Finlayson anyway.

I'm get to vote for John Key!

CCS 1st November 2011 17:28

Just vote for Finlayson anyway.

cEvin 1st November 2011 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by crocos

The National (Christopher Finlayson), Labour (Annette King) and Green (Russell Norman) MPs will ALL get in, because they're all list MPs - #9, #2 and #2 respectively.

You could not pay me enough to vote NZ First - and that's even with Winston gone.

I also have no desire to vote for the Māori party as I find race-based politics rehensible, even though they DO have some good ideas.

i guess this is one downside to the current MMP system.

[WanG] Wandarah 2nd November 2011 12:53

Quote:

Rongotai Representing!

Ab 2nd November 2011 14:12

Technically the fair seat of Hamilton West is my home electorate, presently held by National's Tim Macindoe by (IIRC) a slim majority. He (or his office) has responded to me quickly when I've emailed him, so no complain of product.

pxpx 2nd November 2011 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCS

Same :D :D

zeekiorage 2nd November 2011 21:11

Quote:

Similar situation in my electorate but with just Labour and National. The only time I see both of them is in the election week when they are standing at the traffic lights on main intersection, begging for votes. IMHO they are both less useful than the guys with squeegee running around cleaning windscreen of people's cars.

cEvin 4th November 2011 12:43

for Wellington electorate voters: http://wellingtonista.com/2011/11/02...hear-from-you/

Rince 4th November 2011 13:00

Interesting: Tane Woodley (listed as someone that have sent the questions to) is a civil servant....

Brandoo 4th November 2011 13:07

Quote:

You ever checked out Gareth Hughes on Twitter?

OY636 4th November 2011 22:20

Te Atatu South

And I have no idea. Tau Henare for National or Phil Twyford for Labour.
I would vote Twyford but he was anti supercity, wants a republic and is promising a new north western motorway with bus lanes. He might as well promise me unicorns, fairys and a Nigerian prince that really does need my help.
But Tau is....... we got rid of Chris Carter don't give us another joke.

plaz0r 7th November 2011 21:58

(Wellington Central; party vote National)

To my surprise, I find myself leaning towards voting for Grant Robertson. By all accounts he's a pretty decent guy, and actually seems to be visible in the community - whereas Paul Foster-Bell (national) seems to be pretty much the most boring person in the world, and the Youtube video on James Shaw (greens)'s website that's supposed to tell me all about him is still private. Faaaail.

cEvin 7th November 2011 22:41

plaz0r try this: http://www.facebook.com/jamesshaw.greenparty

chiquelet 8th November 2011 20:54

Mana (the electorate, not the party) has traditionally been strongly Labour, by there was a by-election held last year and Kris Faafoi only just squeaked in ahead of National's Hekia Parata.

Amazingly, apart from Kris Faafoi, I have no idea who's running for my electorate. The only non-Labour billboard I have seen is for Green, and fuck knows who their candidate is. I have no idea if Hekia's giving it another shot since I haven't seen a Nat awning anywhere.

I'm still planning on placing a protest vote - it's a shit/diahhrea situation in NZ politics atm.

[BT]MikeMan 15th November 2011 12:27

Also voting for Mr Key in the electorate.

Helensville FTW

Wally Simmonds 24th November 2011 20:34

Quote:

Have you heard that silly woman talk? There's a reason why she won't poll well. It's a shame Gareth Hughes isn't bothering, as I'd probably vote for him..

Why the hate for Chavuell? They're all pretty shit, but I'm actually quite surprised you'd consider voting for old skanks

plaz0r 25th November 2011 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally Simmonds
Why the hate for Chavuell?

You mean aside from writing anonymous* emails to lawyers saying "Hey, don't you think Charles Chauvel is great? You should write to the dom post saying so!". Oh yeah, and then getting all "they hacked my email because I'm gay!" when he got called out on it. The guy's unstable.

CCS 25th November 2011 12:42

And he thinks stealing cars is a minor crime. Fuck that guy. Steal his queer little Mercedes and he'll be jumping up and down spewing rage.

Ab 25th November 2011 12:45

Charles Chauvel is just a fatter version of Chris Carter. A gay Labour MP slurping away at the trough, full of self-importance, and if anyone criticises him for being a lazy arrogant bludger his reply is "HOMOPHOBIA! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!"

That's what MMP gets you. Please vote to be rid of that shit.

Wally Simmonds 25th November 2011 13:02

Okay, fair enough. But Katrina 'the internet is a series of tubes' Shanks is just as bad.

Rince 27th November 2011 09:34

looking how the numbers fell, it is probably best (for National's benefit, and the ability to govern) that Dunne made it back in.

(There I said it.)

If Charlie had got in, then nothing could be achieved in Parliament in the next 3 years.....