NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Politics (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What's your party vote preference? (Nov 2011 edition) (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=86046)

Ab 31st October 2011 00:26

What's your party vote preference? (Nov 2011 edition)

'bout time.

CCS 31st October 2011 00:57

No Conservative option? Shitting arseballs.

Nothing 31st October 2011 01:38

I encourage everyone to vote green, just to put the shits up all the national voters.

CCS 31st October 2011 01:44

You'd only come to regret it. Like voting ACT really.

Nothing 31st October 2011 01:44

Oh right, I don't mean actually, I just mean in this poll :P

DRa1N 31st October 2011 06:10

National. Fuck every other cunt, especially the greens and mana.

^BITES^ 31st October 2011 10:32

Crap ... missed abstention ... fail

-1 for National D:

Soz.

cyc 31st October 2011 14:45

Abstaining in all likelihood.

I like National's economic PRINCIPLES but don't think their actual policies are that great. There's little to like in their social policies.

Labour? I'll never vote for a party that's beholden to unions. Fuck the Greens and Winston First. The rest of the small parties? No thanks. Basically as a social liberal with moderate/slightly centre-right economic views, I feel there's little in way of a viable option for me. I'd vote National if it were at risk of losing.

Might vote for the Mana Party as a protest vote.

CCS 31st October 2011 15:36

Don't. You'll only encourage them.

fixed_truth 31st October 2011 16:57

Green since before it was cool.

crocos 31st October 2011 17:31

It's still not cool.

Vrtigo 31st October 2011 17:51

your face is not cool

Delphinus 31st October 2011 18:18

Greens will get my vote again.

All parties are full of tossers who never get anything done, but the greens at least have roughly the right idea.

cEvin 31st October 2011 18:38

pretty strong green support at nzg

ChaosWulf 31st October 2011 18:45

Getting sick of being told that it's a two horse race. I agree with most of what Greens have to say, can't say that for either National or Labour, so Green it is.

Nothing 31st October 2011 20:48

This is awesome, Green's out-polling National, keep those green votes coming in folks! :D

DRa1N 31st October 2011 22:16

All the greens are interested in is fucking up nz's agriculture, which they forget is the back bone of new zealand!

Delphinus 31st October 2011 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRa1N
All the greens are interested in is fucking up nz's agriculture, which they forget is the back bone of new zealand!

Can you please elaborate on this? Provide links etc?

DRa1N 31st October 2011 23:09

As I highly doubt you have a background in ag, i can't be fucked explaining it to you.

Delphinus 31st October 2011 23:25

I grew up in South Taranaki. Dairy capital of the world is it not?
So much so they have this thing:

DRa1N 31st October 2011 23:26

Just because you grew up in bum fuck no where hawera doesnt make you a farmer.

Delphinus 31st October 2011 23:29

Probably gives me a "background in ag" which seemed to be the requirement for explaining your political point of view.

DRa1N 31st October 2011 23:33

If you had a background in ag, we would be on common ground. Name one farmer in NZ who would vote greens...

Delphinus 31st October 2011 23:37

Can you please just tell me what the issue you have is?

DRa1N 31st October 2011 23:53

Half of NZ becoming organic farms by 2020 is a good one. Organic farming is the biggest load of bullshit ever if it doesn't have the subsidys to support it.

DrTiTus 1st November 2011 00:25

Please elaborate on the "bullshit" call - are you saying that yields are lower, so you need subsidies to make up for lost produce? Or that it's a more expensive farming method, so you need subsidies to make it viable? Or something else (I am not a farmer or organic fanboi)

Nothing 1st November 2011 05:34

Quote:

Absolutely! Hear hear! There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to worry about the state of our rivers and waterways in New Zealand. Why, they're practically pristine. Especially when compared to the waterways in some other nations. We don't really need to worry about our rivers and waterways until they start to look like this:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...s&fr=yfp-t-701

Jodi 1st November 2011 07:21

Gotta remember that Ag is always a big earner for NZ, so farmers will get special treatment to avoid anything that reduces that.

Of course stupid things like pollution, tax, and accountability get brushed aside due to this.

So yes, Greens are never going to get in full power while they are Environment > Farmers, but at least they are now a counter-balance to the farmer's lobby.

fixed_truth 1st November 2011 09:14

Quote:

I think my argument is so powerful that it's not necessary to talk about it

blynk 1st November 2011 11:55

Quote:

As I highly doubt you have a background in ag, i can't be fucked explaining it to you.

Wow, you must have been a master debater at school.
rebuttal: No, you are wrong, and are obviously so dumb I am not going to explain it. Booyah.

Ab 1st November 2011 16:16

Tempted to party vote Maori.

Baal 1st November 2011 16:20

WTF at voting Green. :confused:

CCS 1st November 2011 16:36

Meanwhile Labour has 2 votes. Amazing that anybody would still vote for Labour. Verdict: the only reason Green is polling well here is because of disaffected Labour supporters who have deserted an incompetent part. Just switching one left party for another and doesn't really mean anything.

Nothing 1st November 2011 17:32

It would be interesting to see how election results went if the right had a party competent enough to actually take 10% of the vote from National. It's a shame that National only have to compete with the cluster fuck that is ACT.

DRa1N 1st November 2011 17:36

Seriously, why try and explain something that only farmers understand? It's simply going to take to much time and effort. Talk to anyone in the agricultural world and you won't get a single vote for the greens. I've said all I'm going to say. I have my own opinion and others have theirs.

Fuck you if you don't like it.

cEvin 1st November 2011 17:40

lolllll

deffo voting greens now

DRa1N 1st November 2011 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Please elaborate on the "bullshit" call - are you saying that yields are lower, so you need subsidies to make up for lost produce? Or that it's a more expensive farming method, so you need subsidies to make it viable? Or something else (I am not a farmer or organic fanboi)

Hassle, Poor crops, disputes with neighbouring farms over sprays used, govt subsidies to offset crop loss/low yields. The list goes on.

It is not viable in this day and age. Very few people actually buy organic food. Except in NZGames case where the majority here clearly love tree huggers.

Fucking trees, getting in the away off all them fucking car parks.

Farmer Joe 1st November 2011 18:14

Greens again for me... I've always voted party: Green, electorate: Labor. Tempted to vote Green/Green this time.

Farmer Joe 1st November 2011 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer Joe
Labor.

Labour.

Farmer Joe 1st November 2011 18:27

Quote:

If you had a background in ag, we would be on common ground. Name one farmer in NZ who would vote greens...

Hah, I know a few who consistently vote Green. They also let the native bush regrow in their gullies and take extra care not to pollute their rivers.