NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   The year of rugby (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   NZ vs OZ (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=87727)

CCS 21st August 2016 00:56

NZ vs OZ

lulz

Ab 21st August 2016 03:43

Jesus.

MadMax 21st August 2016 12:39

i lolled

CCS 21st August 2016 15:41

lololololol

Macca@Work 21st August 2016 20:23

Hi Micheal you're suppossed to give the other coach shit AFTER you beat his team. ::facepalm::

Ab 21st August 2016 21:01

The Wallabies were soft. Like, totally unprepared for the physicality of the ABs game. But the ABs weren't playing any harder than we'd expect, so... wtf? The Wallabies made it to a World Cup final not that long ago, but last night's team wouldn't win a Super Rugby match.

mr selfdestruct 21st August 2016 21:54

Its not even fun to watch when they just crush teams like that.

Ab 21st August 2016 22:25

I saw a comment on twitter last night from an aussie fan, something like "how can you expect to beat a team in which every player on the field can run and catch and look for pop passes". What.

Those are basic skills that kids are supposed to know before highschool, not uber elite secret knowledge that professionals learn. I think what we're seeing now is the shitty outcome of the shitty things that Australian rugby management did 15, 20 years ago. Pouring money into buying shitty league players because of the media value rather than growing the game at the grassroots level. Simple stuff like that.

CCS 21st August 2016 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab
I saw a comment on twitter last night from an aussie fan, something like "how can you expect to beat a team in which every player on the field can run and catch and look for pop passes". What.

But he's joking, right? Right?

Quote:

rather than growing the game at the grassroots level.
Too much competition from the likes of Aussie Rules and League for kid's attention?

orpheus 22nd August 2016 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Its not even fun to watch when they just crush teams like that.

This. I went to bed at half time.

Bring on the Boks!

Macca@Work 22nd August 2016 15:14

I wonder if anyone in Straya Rugby are thinking they got rid of Dingo too soon...

mr selfdestruct 29th August 2016 08:50

I dunno if even the Boks are gonna be much more interesting to watch, they just got beat down by the Pumas....

blynk 29th August 2016 13:16

And were close to losing last week in South Africa.

Deadmeat 29th August 2016 16:06

How stoked were the Pumas though, love watching that

pxpx 29th August 2016 16:49

So was Franks' gouge a gouge? Why no citation or complaints (aside from Rugby twitter)?

CCS 29th August 2016 16:53

I don't think he was gouging, but he was certainly interfering with the guy's face and probably should've been yellow carded. It might be that the only reason he didn't gouge is that he couldn't get a good finger hold and ended up rubbing that guy's face instead!

blynk 29th August 2016 18:02

He should of at least been cited, and then decide what happened.
Not just be dismissed immediately.

It shows that he did have his arm around his neck/shoulder, then moved to his face, then moved back again.

BoyWonder 29th August 2016 19:11

It looked like he was just trying to be annoying by getting his hand in his face rather than anything dangerous, but really, do you even have to do that to a bewildered wallaby to get some advantage?

Ab 29th August 2016 21:03

I'm sure that SANZAR has more video of this than I do, so if SANZAR says no need for a citing who am I to argue?

CCS 29th August 2016 21:37

Tell u wat tho

Phipps throws Fekitoa's boot into crowd

What a sad guy. Poor Aussie having a tanty 'cos he sucks and his team sucks.

pxpx 29th August 2016 21:39

Now that is funny.

CCS 29th August 2016 21:41

Dude wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it. He was just full on hurling it like a quarter back.

JERI 30th August 2016 00:41

While I delight in watching the ABs defeat the Wallabies. Part of me does feel sad to see a former All Blacks rival decline so much.

CCS 30th August 2016 00:59

Great stuff! Now do one of an Aussie hurling a boot away like it's a one-way boomerang!

xor 30th August 2016 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCS
I don't think he was gouging, but he was certainly interfering with the guy's face and probably should've been yellow carded. It might be that the only reason he didn't gouge is that he couldn't get a good finger hold and ended up rubbing that guy's face instead!

I reckon Franks picked his arse and wanted to share the scent with the Strayan guy.

xor 30th August 2016 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCS

I reckon Franks picked his arse and wanted to share the scent with the Strayan guy.

blynk 30th August 2016 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCS

Maybe, but its not a good time to do it when their head is above the maul. You are just asking for trouble.

pxpx 30th August 2016 10:59

I'm guessing this is why Franks hasnt been cited:
https://gfycat.com/HighlevelLiveCow

Ab 30th August 2016 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by JERI
While I delight in watching the ABs defeat the Wallabies. Part of me does feel sad to see a former All Blacks rival decline so much.

win

crocos 1st September 2016 17:48

Is Aussie coach Cheika off the reservation?
http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/08/29...ka-gone-rogue/

(Via Rincey)

Macca@Work 3rd September 2016 19:49

Hey Cheika fuck off and die.k thanx bi :mad:

reac 23rd October 2016 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macca@Work
Hey Cheika fuck off and die.k thanx bi :mad:

As applicable as ever. Clown indeed.

Ab 23rd October 2016 21:22

To be fair, I thought that the try should have stood. Fuck off TMO, if I wanted to watch a sport where everything is determined by slow-mo replays I'd watch American Football. Yeah Savea was impeded, but fuck who cares - it would have been a nice try.

That said, once again the All Blacks have a good fair tussle for 65 minutes and then go apeshit in the last 15 because they're fresh and fit and the opposition looks tired. Take all that skill and then add pure fitness and the outcome is inevitable. Whoever is in charge of conditioning at ABs HQ, give that man or woman a beer.

By my quick reckoning the 2015 World Rugby Coach of the Year has just lost two international series in a row with 3-0 whitewashes. Nice work Cheika.

xor 23rd October 2016 21:59

Was talking to a guy who was in charge of strength and conditioning for Canterbury and he reckons one of the key factors when picking the forwards was picking the guys who were quickest from ruck to ruck, rather than picking the strongest.

reac 23rd October 2016 22:27

Yeah, I'd agree they were hard done by, although barging a chasing player off his line is hardly the height of good sportsmanship.

That decision alone didn't cost them the game, though, and that and all the whining about the respect that they weren't getting makes him look like a bit of a petulant dick.

Also, the Black Ferns smashed the crap out of the Wallaroos in the curtain raiser, altogether a black day for the convicts.

fixed_truth 24th October 2016 08:20

I though that had Savea not been impeded there was decent chance he could have tackled Speight.

Also motherfuckers act like they forgot about Cyprus

blynk 24th October 2016 08:32

I agree, when I saw it happen I thought it was bad, but after seeing it again it wouldn't have mattered.

But, on the flip side, I believe Coles was interferred enough done the other end when going for the loose ball.
He had his right arm taken out which would have been the arm he used to ground the ball.
So swings and roundabouts

blynk 24th October 2016 08:32

I agree, when I saw it happen I thought it was bad, but after seeing it again it wouldn't have mattered.

But, on the flip side, I believe Coles was interferred enough done the other end when going for the loose ball.
He had his right arm taken out which would have been the arm he used to ground the ball.
So swings and roundabouts

Deadmeat 24th October 2016 13:31

Seriously, Coles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcszGqI7EUs
2:04, that fucking pass.

(trigger warning: muzak)

Ab 24th October 2016 15:08

ahahaha I already knew which pass it would be before watching :)

There were a couple of Coles moments on Saturday that deserve to be in that video.