NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   TV posts (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=68265)

Rince 3rd December 2007 16:55

Jericho 7 out of 7 left?!?!?!?!?!?!?
wtf? I thought it was canned completely

Saladin 3rd December 2007 16:57

Yeah it died, but it got better...

They gave it a new run to wrap up the story - with the possibility of extending that to a full second season if those rate well..

crocos 3rd December 2007 20:56

Finally got around to watching Journeyman. Not bad, ay.

It reminds me of a book called "The Time Travelers Wife" by Audrey Niffeneger - awesome book. If you can drag yourselves away from your various TV shows, it's one worth spending the time to read.

Jin 3rd December 2007 20:58

WTB DEADLIEST CATCH

-Dr.J- 7th December 2007 14:28

What else is good out there?

curses 7th December 2007 14:56

The first season of Damages was pretty good. It's not on any lists I've seen (re: the writer's strike) but I don't think it was very popular, hence not included on said lists.

Good news is they have a couple more seasons planned too! (-:

juandem@rco 7th December 2007 15:06

Traveller was good but I remember seen upto episode 7 is TVNZ ahoqing the rest?

Kryten 7th December 2007 15:10

I'm really liking season 2 of Friday Night Lights. Of the new stuff, I've only stuck it out with Damages, Life and Journeyman.

Saladin 7th December 2007 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten
I'm really liking season 2 of Friday Night Lights

Same.. Though getting a bit too "OC"ish.. Some episodes don't even have any football, what's that about?

Fred 7th December 2007 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by curses
The first season of Damages was pretty good. It's not on any lists I've seen (re: the writer's strike) but I don't think it was very popular, hence not included on said lists.

Good news is they have a couple more seasons planned too! (-:

It has been showing locally on TV1 Wednesday nights and has me nicely hooked. Some stellar performances in it including a surprisingly good turn from Ted Danson in a serious role.

Also showing locally and worth a look is 'Justice'. (Thursday nights on 2 I believe - with a PVR system actual air dates blur a bit.) Slightly too slick CSI style presentation lets it down but the stories thus far have had some nicely cynical manipulation of the judicial system in it to be entertaining.

-Dr.J- 7th December 2007 16:04

Yeah I'm watching Friday Night Lights as well.

Some tasty little slappers on that show as a bonus, which one would you have a piece of if you had the choice?

I like the look of Lyla Garrity. Mmm.

Saladin 7th December 2007 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Dr.J-
Some tasty little slappers on that show as a bonus, which one would you have a piece of if you had the choice?

The live-in nurse, Carlotta :)

Kryten 7th December 2007 17:13

No way, Mrs Coach FTW.

-Dr.J- 7th December 2007 17:33

Quote:

No way, Mrs Coach FTW.

Ughh

Saladin 7th December 2007 17:48

Quote:

No way, Mrs Coach FTW.

She wasn't too bad back when she was Mike J Fox's girlfriend on Spin City..

[fe] 7th December 2007 19:04

Headsup

Wire S5 starts on HBO Jan 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by juandem@rco
Anyone watching "The Wire" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire_%28TV_series%29 any good?

The Wire is superior to any other TV series I have watched, how they [A] condense the amount of story and characters in 13 eps and [b] keep the quality of the show as high as they do just astounds me.

Unexpected and engrossing. My preconception was 'crap - another cop show' and 'ghey title'.

?>Superman 7th December 2007 19:47

The Wire was something i randomly came across watching tv late i think tuesday or thursday night a few years ago and i'd have to say it i couldn't believe how much this show kicked ass. Beats the crap outta 24 n all that other shit.

Ashley 7th December 2007 19:54

Yus jericho! Woot.

I'm holding out for Californication S2 in April!

Solvent 19th December 2007 12:10

Anyone know exactly how different the BBC version of the Extras Christmas special will be to the HBO version?

Really keen to watch it but I'm thinking it might be worth waiting for the genuine U.K. experience rather than the watered down U.S. version.

Madman 19th December 2007 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saladin
Same.. Though getting a bit too "OC"ish.. Some episodes don't even have any football, what's that about?

Delphinus 21st December 2007 10:24

I'm really enjoying Journeyman lately :D

chiquelet 21st December 2007 15:17

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Big Shots. Great show, can't wait to see the rest of the season. Easily my favourite new show of the season.

Jamiepo 24th December 2007 19:51

For all of you orphans out there or people that just aren't spending time with the family or you just aren't doing anything. Sky 1 has 8 hours of Family Guy on starting 4pm tomorrow. Should be good.

Ab 24th December 2007 22:35

I'm watching "The West Wing" from the start again. Damn that's a good show.

verve_rat 24th December 2007 23:23

All the way to the end?

Kryten 24th December 2007 23:29

It used to be that my only "guilty pleasure" TV show was the UK version of Antiques Roadshow (if you suggest watching the US version, I'm going to hunt you down and force feed you petrol soaked jalapeno's). Now though, I've had to add Grand Designs to that list :) Not quite at the point of downloading it, but it's a damn good show.

My summer project is to watch Spooks and The Wire, I'm at the beginning of both series with (as you can imagine) quite a bit lined up, ready to go.

Solvent 25th December 2007 00:02

The Wire is something I'm definitely going to have to get into given the WGA strike, as well as Rome, both crucial HBO shows I've slept on.

The Edge 25th December 2007 00:51

That strike sucks. I just wish they could sort it out quickly.

Lightspeed 25th December 2007 09:49

It does, but I'd prefer a miss a few shows ( and some key insightful political commentary ) than let the money suckers screw over the the guys who make TV what it is ( sans Reality TV ) so they can keep a few extra bucks in their own pockets.

Caesar 26th December 2007 02:06

I'm guessing most of you will be aware of this series but if your not....

"Rise of the Video Game" has been out for a while now, its a discovery channel doco about the subject matter.

I just watched EP1, (theres only 5) and it was pretty interesting.
40 Minutes long at a torrent near you...

C

StN 26th December 2007 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Edge
That strike sucks. I just wish they could sort it out quickly.

Heh - I see TV3 is advertising PB3 and Bionic Woman - the latter with the tag "Under construction" so I guess they can spin it out a bit.

creamcheese 26th December 2007 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab
I'm watching "The West Wing" from the start again. Damn that's a good show.

same, halfway through S4 and still loving it

-Dr.J- 26th December 2007 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesar
I'm guessing most of you will be aware of this series but if your not....

"Rise of the Video Game" has been out for a while now, its a discovery channel doco about the subject matter.

I just watched EP1, (theres only 5) and it was pretty interesting.
40 Minutes long at a torrent near you...

C

Yeah I've been watching that. Quite good, nice depth. A shame they skimmed past Quake after covering Doom and going onto multiplayer DM.

Also been watching a show called "Human Weapon" which covers all different martial arts from around the world, gets two guys to learn them and then take on a champion of the genre at the end and get their ass handed to them. The depth they go to is quite good.

Pheer Filipino "Escrima" :o That is bad bwoy bidness

FreddyK 26th December 2007 21:54

Just finish watching "Tin Man". Its a 3 episode mini-series thats quite entertaining. Its a dark twist to an old tale based loosly on The Wizard of OZ. Actually dark twist is probably an understatment .. think David Lynch does Return of the Jedi, but with a storyline.

wasp 26th December 2007 22:05

The first season of traveller was only 7 parts. The ending was very open ended so im guessing there might be a second season later on next year.

Fred 26th December 2007 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp
The first season of traveller was only 7 parts. The ending was very open ended so im guessing there might be a second season later on next year.

Guess again. Far as I know the series is dead and buried. Didn't get the ratings they wanted...

Helious 26th December 2007 23:35

^^^ Correct, Dead and buried.

I really enjoyed the show too :(

Lat1n0 28th December 2007 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp

Actually I found EP08 "Traveler S01E08 HDTV XViD-Caph [eztv]" in a couple of torrent sites. I was under the impression that the show was canned!

Fred 28th December 2007 02:31

Probably the same way you can find Top Gear S10E11 on certain tracker sites. Seems to be the new game - put bogus files up with semi plausable series names.

wasp 28th December 2007 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lat1n0
Actually I found EP08 "Traveler S01E08 HDTV XViD-Caph [eztv]" in a couple of torrent sites. I was under the impression that the show was canned!

The last ep i saw on tv over here was that they took on the fbi guy and will went on a bit of a rampage through their facilities.

Bit shit it got canned though. I liked it too