NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Technology & Troubleshooting (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ethereum (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=87630)

DrTiTus 9th February 2021 15:37

I hope he keeps his Excel spreadsheet updated.

Ajax 9th February 2021 15:42

Probably too busy shilling Doge.

Nich 9th February 2021 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajax (Post 2014574)
The whole *financial* ecosystem is in a massive inflationary bubble fueled by funny money.

FTFY

Ajax 9th February 2021 16:27

Not really the same. Financial markets are subject to things like regulation, oversight and transparency requirements.

blynk 9th February 2021 16:31

He is probably just loving the power he has.
A tweet here, and comment there and the market goes crazy.

Imagine that.
Buy a whole lot of a coin. Make a tweet. Sell the coin.

I wonder if that would count as insider trading.
Tell all your friends you are going to make a tweet.

Nich 9th February 2021 16:38

All of which have been dysfunctional for at least the past decade (Thanks QE + Cantillon Effect + Stock Buybacks). I'm glad the SEC exists, but they are far from being effective.

Lightspeed 9th February 2021 16:40

Quote:

Not really the same. Financial markets are subject to things like regulation, oversight and transparency requirements.
Ostensibly... but in practice?

Nich 9th February 2021 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by blynk (Post 2014579)
He is probably just loving the power he has.
A tweet here, and comment there and the market goes crazy.

Imagine that.
Buy a whole lot of a coin. Make a tweet. Sell the coin.

I wonder if that would count as insider trading.
Tell all your friends you are going to make a tweet.

Kinda like people in government knowing they are about to force everyone into remote working, and selling shares in brick+mortar businesses / buying shares in Zoom + Citrix.

Ajax 9th February 2021 16:49

There are many other regulators like the CFTC, FDIC, FinCen, FINRA, OCC, state-level bodies, etc etc. In crypto there's absolutely nothing, and that's why cyber criminals are manipulating the market and printing money at will. Any company with exposure to this activity is foolish.

Ajax 9th February 2021 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed (Post 2014583)
Ostensibly... but in practice?

In practice, yes these functions happen. Not optimally, but better than nothing.

Lightspeed 9th February 2021 16:59

If that function is to keep money in the right hands (i.e. not people who earn money through work), sure, I guess.

Ajax 9th February 2021 17:16

Probably better discussed in a macro thread.

Know me. 9th February 2021 18:31

The first page I read about Tesla and Bitcoin references the SEC fine he faced when he tweeted about the stock price. He also had to step down as chairman of Tesla.

Ajax 9th February 2021 18:47

Ab 9th February 2021 20:24

And since there's no cap on the number of dogecoins that can be mined, the value of Doge will increase to INFINITY.

crocos 9th February 2021 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab (Post 2014597)
to INFINITY.

Buzz Lightyear just entered chat

Nich 12th February 2021 10:33

Lindsay Lohan dip is over. Bull market resumes

Ab 12th February 2021 15:04

Jeez it’s looking like one of those days.

Nich 12th February 2021 15:14

The name of the game is "Don't Sell too Early". Devote all energy to scoping the top.

Like I said: my critical indicator is when my Mother in Law actually buys in. Then it's time to dump my bags

blynk 13th February 2021 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 2014619)
The name of the game is "Don't Sell too Early". Devote all energy to scoping the top.

Like I said: my critical indicator is when my Mother in Law actually buys in. Then it's time to dump my bags

Is this the same as your mother in law buying bitcoin
Mark Richardson buys bitcoin

Nich 13th February 2021 11:38

Definitely a warning sign. I also saw Norm MacDonald has also bought in, made a DeFi joke.
https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/st...424820740?s=20

Market top signal intensifies.

OTOH Taleb announced he is selling because "too volatile" and community full of COVID-denying idiots...
https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1...992230919?s=20

Top reply recommends he read Antifragile. Zing

Still, my indicator is specifically my mother in law asking about buying Bitcoin, then executing a trade. If she asks about TRON or BNB then I sell immediately after the conversation ends.

Ab 13th February 2021 15:12

Coin of the day

_b

Nich 13th February 2021 18:08

Mark Cuban has gone down the DeFi rabbit hole. Going through the various applications vs traditional banking experience.

https://anchor.fm/thedefiant/episode...f-Value-eqam61

blynk 14th February 2021 12:00

What on earth is happening. Its been BTC has been steady for a bout days.
Im not used this stability

Nich 14th February 2021 22:34

Rest time is over.

Just jumped $1,000 in 15 minutes, to new ATH, and $1k away from $50k, and US East Coast is about to wake up. We gonna be ok.

wazza 14th February 2021 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 2014626)
Still, my indicator is specifically my mother in law asking about buying Bitcoin, then executing a trade. If she asks about TRON or BNB then I sell immediately after the conversation ends.

lol irl

Ab 15th February 2021 02:08

I have Binance open in a window while I work just to say I saw it hit 50K.

Edit: aaand that didn’t happen

Ajax 15th February 2021 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 2014656)
We gonna be ok.

Until the game of musical chairs stops, at which point you'll be a fraud victim.

We're seeing exponentially increasing rates of USDT printing now: in the last week, billion-dollar blocks have minted out of thin air. Because USDT is mostly 'backed' by Bitcoin and not real dollars, the fraudsters have to print USDT in ever greater quantities to keep the price going up. If there's any downward price movement whatsoever, the 'peg' is lost. We will probably see 2, 5 and 10 billion dollar blocks minted soon.

Let's take a look at how a billion-dollar block is distributed:

From the Tether treasury, to scrambler addresses, to crooked exchanges, where the USDT is used to massively inflate the prices of Eth, BTC, and various others. Some is used to purchase Bitcoin directly, which is used to 'back' their Tether. It makes your fucking head spin.

This scam will eventually implode under its own gravity, and any exchange with exposure to Tether will collapse - that's why Coinbase refuses to touch it. However, the prices of all cryptos will still crater. The only question is what the catalyst will be: most likely a multinational prosecution, similar to what happened with Liberty Reserve.

pxpx 15th February 2021 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajax (Post 2014664)
Until the game of musical chairs stops, at which point you'll be a fraud victim.

We're seeing exponentially increasing rates of USDT printing now: in the last week, billion-dollar blocks have minted out of thin air. Because USDT is mostly 'backed' by Bitcoin and not real dollars, the fraudsters have to print USDT in ever greater quantities to keep the price going up. If there's any downward price movement whatsoever, the 'peg' is lost. We will probably see 2, 5 and 10 billion dollar blocks minted soon.

From the Tether treasury, to scrambler addresses, to crooked exchanges, where the USDT is used to massively inflate the prices of Eth, BTC, and various others. Some is used to purchase Bitcoin directly, which is used to 'back' their Tether. It makes your fucking head spin.

This scam will eventually implode under its own gravity, and any exchange with exposure to Tether will collapse - that's why Coinbase refuses to touch it. However, the prices of all cryptos will still crater. The only question is what the catalyst will be: most likely a multinational prosecution, similar to what happened with Liberty Reserve.

That's scary, and interesting, and confusing - but the question I have is, what happens after that?

Lightspeed 15th February 2021 12:20

Nothing?

Crypto prices cratering wouldn't be a new event.

Ajax 15th February 2021 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxpx (Post 2014666)
That's scary, and interesting, and confusing - but the question I have is, what happens after that?

Many exchanges will go bust. Prices will obviously tank. Companies with large exposure to BTC (like Grayscale and Microstrategy) will be ruined. Hopefully the crypto cancer doesn't impact the wider economy too much (Tesla investment is ominous). In the long term we'll see much less price fluctuation when the prime mover is removed - which could actually be a positive thing, depending on your opinion about the fundamental value proposition of cryptos.

Know me. 15th February 2021 16:04

As long as they keep printing USDT it will keep on going up and as long as the price of Bitcoin keeps going up then people won't want to cash out to USD.

Ab 15th February 2021 17:46

BTC has gone back to sleep...

Nich 16th February 2021 11:55

power nap

Ab 17th February 2021 02:20

aaaaaand that's fifty!

edit: aaaaand here come the bots selling up!

Nich 17th February 2021 10:59

Big sell wall, one bite at a time. Gonna churn some BTC to those who need it.

pxpx 17th February 2021 15:44

Naw I missed it :(

pxpx 17th February 2021 16:15

Edit: Ok I've seen it now. Will be interesting to see how it settles.

Nich 17th February 2021 20:30

hold onto your butts....

blynk 18th February 2021 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 2014713)
hold onto your butts....

Coz we are all about to be reamed?