NZGames.com Forums

NZGames.com Forums (https://forums.nzgames.com/index.php)
-   Open Discussion (https://forums.nzgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random Thoughts II (https://forums.nzgames.com/showthread.php?t=80222)

Lightspeed 29th May 2008 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
I can see that being extremely dangerous. Somethings taste like you shouldn't eat because you shouldn't eat them.

Maybe dangerous for monkeys... myself, I generally read the label of products before I consider eating them and typically don't eat just any old thing I find lying around that fits in my mouth and tastes okay.

fixed_truth 29th May 2008 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gentle

could come in handy when the kids won't eat their broccoli

Gentl e 29th May 2008 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
I can see that being extremely dangerous. Somethings taste like you shouldn't eat because you shouldn't eat them.

I'm not sure where you're going with that statement, but it does say in the article that the fruit is perfectly harmless to eat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cEvin
it appears they are allowed from what little info i could find - the problem is the shipping time (and cost) from the US - the seeds apparently have to be planted fresh out of the fruit and won't last more than a day or two.

the only other thing i can think of is importing from Aus using an express method.

the time from planting to fruiting is around 5 years, so if you could import the actual plant you'd save a hell of a lot of work.

Yeah, it's going to cost a bit - packaging and delivery is pretty expensive and the seeds are US$1 each. But, once under way I can see a market providing the fruit to bars for cocktails and what not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Yeah I started having a look at that [snip]and report back.

Pixie

Awesome sauce - thanks!

Cyberbob 29th May 2008 20:59

hmm.. whats better, new age Realtek hd audio onboard.. or old skool creative 5.1 live platinum.

I've still got my old soundcard from before I upgraded to my present PC, but never put it in. I've been working with onboard since then, but i'm wondering if the fact that the creative is a dedicated soundcard would have a positive impact on the quality etc

ZeroBC 29th May 2008 23:54

How would you feel if the government formed a team that knocked down poor peoples homes and custom built them a new one?

CCS 30th May 2008 02:30

What's wrong with the old house?

Word 30th May 2008 05:15

what ever happened to the milkman?

Pimp-X 30th May 2008 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjKfb8gTOc

StN 30th May 2008 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCS
Is that what you bloody kids are calling music these days?

I'm not convinced the download wasn't corrupted.

cEvin 30th May 2008 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Word

What ever happened to predictibility?

flic 30th May 2008 10:01

Whatever happened to Tracey?

Helious 30th May 2008 10:09

Party at Kelly Browns

cEvin 30th May 2008 10:09

Whatever Happened to Vileness Fats?

Helious 30th May 2008 10:18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vileness_Fats

In 1984, The Residents discovered that the state of video technology had advanced to the point where they could salvage their old 1/2" Vileness Fats work and transfer it to VHS. They created a half-hour video from their original fourteen hours of footage and created an all-new soundtrack, releasing the result as Whatever Happened To Vileness Fats?.

The new video focused on Arf and Omega's story, from the Atomic Shopping Cart battle to the knife fight at the nightclub. It also spends a lot of time on Steve's mother, but touches only briefly on the Bell Boys, Lonesome Jack and Weescoosa. Whatever Happened To Vileness Fats? has very little dialogue and doesn't worry too much about getting a coherent story across.

StN 30th May 2008 10:19

Something not right about watching a rerun of Dr Who with the boy, and then channel surfing an hour later and seeing Rose with her norks out giving some joker a handjob.

CCS 30th May 2008 10:21

No, that's very right. So very very right.

Was the boy still watching?

dead goon 30th May 2008 10:23

ReSiDeNTZ!

wheres duckstab

SpaceCowboy 30th May 2008 10:38

sleep well, khan, my parents cat that i grew up with. lived to 13 years, was put to sleep this morning because of renal failure. poor guy.

Sgt Seb 30th May 2008 11:37

Ok so we all know the herald is generally crap. But at least this journalist has a sense of humour...

"Assault with hedgehog a prickly case for court"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10513373

Lightspeed 30th May 2008 12:51

That nigga Tad Williams better hurry his ass up and finish writing Shadowmarch.

flic 30th May 2008 12:57

lol at 'norks'

StN 30th May 2008 13:37

They weren't spectacular, but I didn't laugh at them.

That would be mean.

It's not good to be mean to boobies.

Ab 30th May 2008 14:03

Unless the owner specifically requests it.

crocos 30th May 2008 15:16

Tell me what, LOL, ever happened to ROFL

Lightspeed 30th May 2008 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Malks] Pixie
Yeah I started having a look at that - but got pretty swamped by work this afternoon (see gear grind about 3000 letters). I'm on the hazardous substances side of things but can check out if they're allowed into the country. Will have a look tomorrow (as my home PC died - see other gear grind) at work and report back.

Pixie

Any word? Btw, any NZGamer ( or lurker ) is morally obligated to hook up fellow NZGames with this magical fruit if acquired.

[Malks] Pixie 30th May 2008 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Any word? Btw, any NZGamer ( or lurker ) is morally obligated to hook up fellow NZGames with this magical fruit if acquired.

Been super busy today so haven't had any chance to do so sorry - I'd actually forgotten - if my home PC hadn't died I'd check it out in the weekend.

I'll put it in my calendar for Tuesday and try and report back (jeeze and I'm such a stickler for keeping deadlines).

Pixie

cEvin 30th May 2008 17:26

you can consider yourself fired if you don't report in by Tuesday young man

chiQ 30th May 2008 20:02

I has a bunny

Sp0nge 30th May 2008 20:52

...as in wabbit?

we had rabbits when i was a kid, they were cute.

then one day they multiplied
... and about 3 months later i stopped thinking they were cute
when 5 of them were all lined up behind each other having a good old hump
the baby bunnies were ghey wabbits :eek:

chiQ 30th May 2008 21:14

Hah! Yeah a wabbit. He's called Heiki, after Kovalainen, the F1 driver.

Ab 30th May 2008 21:27

How come none of my hot female teachers ever asked me to treat her like a sex slave?

chiQ 30th May 2008 21:37

Heiki the bunny:

He's black with gold paws. Very JPS...

dylan 30th May 2008 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab
How come none of my hot female teachers ever asked me to treat her like a sex slave?

I don't know. Would you have wanted them to penetrate you?

leadinjector 30th May 2008 21:38

pics or...

Torka 31st May 2008 00:27

Are civilians allowed to possess pepper spray in NZ?

Can't find any real info, just random people guessing that it's legal or illegal without being able to back up their answer.

cyc 31st May 2008 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torka
Are civilians allowed to possess pepper spray in NZ?

Can't find any real info, just random people guessing that it's legal or illegal without being able to back up their answer.

Illegal.

OC Sprays are restricted under the Arms Act. Only the Police can use them.

Torka 31st May 2008 01:06

Thanks bud. :)

DrTiTus 31st May 2008 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helious-
Undercover cop car pulls up outside and my reaction is to bolt out the back door.

Fuck I'm gangz

I saw an undercover going down your road, and my reaction was to keep driving on out of your street :P

crocos 31st May 2008 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiQ
I has a bunny

http://www.transmission-x.com/luz/20...uz-episode-19/

crocos 31st May 2008 04:19

http://www.actiontrip.com/comics/at_comic248.phtml